PyPRP error message...

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

PyPRP error message...

Postby DaveRamos » Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:32 pm

Ok, Im lost :)

I just installed the scrypts for PYPRP, and was starting the tutorial and immediately I received an error. It says in the tutorial:

1. Select the scripts window
2. Select the sub menu "Add" -> "PyPRP..." -> "Create a New Book"

So I did, and I get this error message in my console:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 54, in <module>
ImportError: No module named alcconfig

what is this alconfig and why dont I have it? I places the PYPRP pluggin into my scripts folder and refredhed the path in blender....does anyone know what is wrong?

DR
DaveRamos

Re: PyPRP error message...

Postby DaveRamos » Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:42 pm

I went ahead in the tutorial and downloaded the test scene...I continued and tried exporting, and I still get the same message, only a different line,

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 55, in <module>
ImportError: No module named alcconfig

so im missing this alconfig thing....where do I get it?
DaveRamos

Postby Pryftan » Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:52 pm

When you unzip the PyPRP snapshot into your \Blender\.blender\scripts folder, it usually makes a folder with the name of the zip inside the scripts folder. Go to the scripts\alcpyprpSVN20070913182520\src\ (the number might be different, but you'll see it) and copy all the files in there into the general scripts folder. alcconfig is just one of the Python files that the plugin loads up, it was in the PyPRP zip you downloaded.
.rilvoohee vehrehnehm vokan pam mahnshootahv rub voohee taygahnehm mahtahntahv
Pryftan

Postby DaveRamos » Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:08 pm

I see it now, its already in the scripts folder....I tried just moving all the files into one and re-set it....i still get the same message...
DaveRamos

Postby DaveRamos » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:03 pm

A thought here.....does it matter where the scripts folder is? The normal place where the folder lies is hidden, so I moved the folder into another place on my 2nd hard drive and set the path in Blender. I wouldn't think it should matter, but then again....

<edit> I tried selecting the default script folder & moved all of the scripts from that SRC folder there, then updating in blender, but alas....
DaveRamos

Postby Erik » Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:27 am

I'm getting the same error here... :(
Erik

Postby Justintime9 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:38 am

Hehe, don't feel bad Dave, I'm trying to do the same thing, and it took quite a while for me to finally get it working. (with the help of Pryfran) I belive u hav to Download all this stuff, and put it in the correct spot, in order for it to work. :) http://alcugs.almlys.org/wiki/index.php%20...%20stallation Hope that helps
Justintime9

Postby DaveRamos » Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:17 am

Thanks for the link, however there was an error message....the page wasnt found....do you have another copy of the link?

Thanks...
DaveRamos

Postby Trylon » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:37 am

One day I ran through the cleft for the fiftieth time, and found that uru held no peace for me anymore.
Trylon

Postby DaveRamos » Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:41 am

I am sorry to keep bringing this up, but I am still having problems. I matched exactly, word for word, what was in the installation instructions on that website, and I am still not getting the thing to work. I know that that the script which that line 55 error is stating is there, as is the whole folder. Is there some additional code I have to put into the scripts in order for this to work? Is being on a Mac (I dont have boot-camp nor Vista) whats hindering me? Thank you in advanced...

DR
DaveRamos

Next

Return to Building