PlasmaShop

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

PlasmaShop

Postby andylegate » Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:11 pm

Boy I'm just full of questions today.....

Trying to make a journal......now my question is this:

Will PlasmaShop 2.2 work with Python 2.5.1? While setting up PlasmaShop, the options part only goes up to Python 2.3.

I went to the Python website (since that's where I downloaded it from), but it seems 2.2 is all they have.

Anyone know?

EDIT: Later. I think I might have an answer to my own question here. No, PlasmaShop 2.2 don't like to open up the script. That's okay, I pointed it to a external editor, Notepad++ and it seems to work great.
"I'm still trying to find the plKey for Crud!"
Blender Age Creation Tutorials
3DS Max Age Creation Tutorials
andylegate

Re: PlasmaShop

Postby Paradox » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:08 pm

When editing Python files for Uru (PotS) you must use Python 2.2.

Uru is built and linked with Python 2.2 and will not work with more recent versions.

Similarly, Myst V must use Python 2.3; and MOUL (as far as I know) also uses Python 2.3.

Blender and PyPRP require Python 2.5; so you can expect to have at least 3 installations on your hard drive co-existing :P
Paradox

Postby andylegate » Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:41 am

Gotcha Paradox! I'll take a trip over and download 2.2 and make it different installation for PlasmaShop.

Thanks for the help! (now maybe I can actually make my journal for my Age).
"I'm still trying to find the plKey for Crud!"
Blender Age Creation Tutorials
3DS Max Age Creation Tutorials
andylegate

Postby D'Lanor » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:19 am

The GUI version of UruPython will do the trick. It comes with built-in Python 2.2 support so you don't have to install that.

Edit: Or more precisely it seems to use a dll from your TPOTS installation for that. Anyway, no multiple Python install hassles with this.
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Return to Building