Another Program?

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

Another Program?

Postby Nek'rahm » Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:54 am

I used to Render for another game (Star Wars: Jedi Knights Jedi Academy) and I found my old rendering program:

GTKRadiant

Now, I dunno about you, but as far as I've seen Blender is a tad harder to Render with... and control...

Any way to adapt GTKRadiant to create Ages for Uru?

Other than that, It may just be me...
Nek'rahm

Re: Another Program?

Postby Chacal » Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:23 pm

Not sure what you mean. Is there a need for rendering inside Blender, instead of using the Plasma engine?
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby andylegate » Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:38 pm

Nek'rahm,

you'll not be able to use GTKradiant to make Ages. It's only good for making map levels of games like Star Wars, DOOM, Wolfenstien, Call of Duty, Medal of Honor, etc.

The reason we can make Ages in Blender, is because of the PyPRP plugin that Trylon and the others have worked so hard on.

There is no plugin for Radiant, so you would not be able to export your map that you've made into the prp format that's required by Uru.

I used to make maps all the time for several of those games, and using them is a LOT easier than Blender, I know. But stick to it! It's only been 3 weeks for me, and I've already made one little Age and half way through another, much, much larger Age. Blender get's easier and easier to use, but you've got to stick to it, no mater how frustrated you get.

Good luck!
"I'm still trying to find the plKey for Crud!"
Blender Age Creation Tutorials
3DS Max Age Creation Tutorials
andylegate

Postby Nek'rahm » Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:06 pm

Alright, I'll keep working at it
Nek'rahm

Return to Building