Comparing Castles

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

Re: Comparing Castles

Postby Chacal » Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:38 am

Nice and classic
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby Justintime9 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:05 am

Ok, well I texturized everthing, (o, and btw, where'd u get that castle texture?) and I added water (and a swimming region) I tried to export the age, but It had a python scrips error, and I couldn't find the sequence prefix cuz the book looked different, and the page with the sequence prefix was nowhere to be found. so... here it is: http://www.mediafire.com/?0bjfd37dnub
and, perhaps we should add a floor, and or a celing to the castle. we should at least put some stuff in there. and... I dunno maybe we could add a basement. and, perhaps someday we could add a forest around the castle :D hmm well maybe I'm getting ahead of myself. :)
Justintime9

Postby Nadnerb » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:57 am

Fixed it up so that everything is lit, and so it would export without errors. I haven't tested it in game yet though.

Blend File

Edit: Works in game. Uses sequence prefix 1060. That didn't conflict with anything I have personally, but if you want a safer one, you should probably register. Lighting is a little funny, but that's to be expected. Swim failed for the moment because the water is solid. :P
Live KI: 34914 MOULa KI: 23247 Gehn KI: 11588 Available Ages: TunnelDemo3, BoxAge, Odema
Nadnerb

Postby Justintime9 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:39 am

Doh! I must've Colisioned the water instead of the ground
Justintime9

Postby Justintime9 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:10 am

Ok, well I uncolitioned the water, but the avi won't swim, he just runs through it. I don't mind if he doesn't swim, cuz it still looks cool if he can't but perhaps we should make the whole age bigger, so that the avi's feet doesn't touch the ground. Perhaps that's the problem. It needs to be a bit more Intimidating... u know, we shouldn't be able to walk in the moat, and it shouldn't take 10 strides to get from one side of the castle, to the other :P http://www.mediafire.com/?bljftm1odhv
Justintime9

Postby Nadnerb » Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:34 am

Ok, fixes:
-fixed water collision
-Made moat deeper than wading depth
-added footstep sounds, swim sounds
-disabled friction on walkable surfaces
-fixed lighting on ground

Blend File

Edit: Added some simple torches, and removed the sun. All the lighting in the age is dynamic. It looks washed out in blender, but when you export to plasma it will look fine. (quad attenuation is about ~1000 times more .. powerful in plasma than in blender. This could be a good tweak to pyprp)

Blend File 2
Live KI: 34914 MOULa KI: 23247 Gehn KI: 11588 Available Ages: TunnelDemo3, BoxAge, Odema
Nadnerb

Postby Justintime9 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:50 am

kewl :D I love that cozy yellow glow... maybe it could be nighttime in the age... it sorta looks like it w/ the torches :D

Edit: I tried to make the age bigger, and I exported it, and it WAS bigger, but the nice yellowy glow was gone, and it was gloomy, dark and foggy, and the sound had gone. The torches were too big also. I tried to make them smaller, and add a floor for inside the castle, but python had an error so I must've done something wrong :P
Justintime9

Previous

Return to Building