Texturing the inside of a cube

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

Texturing the inside of a cube

Postby Erik » Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:16 am

I have some problems with rendering the inside of a cube. I tried to enable the "TwoSide" button in the Texture Face panel, but that doesn't work.

Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks in advance. :)
Erik

Re: Texturing the inside of a cube

Postby Trylon » Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:55 am

Yeah, you can only texture one side of a face - the two sided button in blender has no effect on uru.

To have two sides textured, you'll need an inside and an outside, in the inside have all the normals (you can use the [flip normals] button in blender) point inwards, on the outside have 'em point outwards.

To apply a different texture to both the inside and the outside, have inside and outside be different objects.
One day I ran through the cleft for the fiftieth time, and found that uru held no peace for me anymore.
Trylon

Postby Pryftan » Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:56 am

Select the faces, hit "W", and go to "Flip normals". That'll make it so the side that Blender textures is facing inward instead of outward. If you want textures on the outside AND inside, I've just used two cubes, one with the normals facing out and one smaller and inside with the normals facing within.

To check which way the normals are facing, go to edit mode and face select mode and change the little dropdown box that says "Global" to say "Normal". That way, whenever you select a face, the blue line will show you which way the normals are pointing, which is the direction your texture will show.
.rilvoohee vehrehnehm vokan pam mahnshootahv rub voohee taygahnehm mahtahntahv
Pryftan

Postby Erik » Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:08 pm

Thanks! :D
Erik

Return to Building