Blender Artists Forum Sucks!

Anything that isn't directly related to Age Creation but that might be interesting to Age developers.

Blender Artists Forum Sucks!

Postby bnewton81 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:26 am

Anyone ever tried to search for anything in the blender artist forum?http://blenderartists.org/forum/ You have to do one of those captcha things. You know the word images you have to fill out for security reasons on some site to verify you are a real person. I HATE those things!!! I would have posted this in that forum but after 5 attempts to make out the words, i gave up. You have to do one to do anything on that site. Anyway, i just needed to get that off my chest. Comment if you agree or whatever. o/
bnewton81

Re: Blender Artists Forum Sucks!

Postby JWPlatt » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:08 am

The great thing about spammers is that they are proving how worthless captcha has become. If there's anyone who will make admins realize captcha only works against their own users, it's the spammers. Good luck to them. :P
OpenUru.org: An Uru project resource site.
Perfect speed is being there.
JWPlatt

Postby andylegate » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:47 am

You could always Google for other Blender Artist forums too, maybe find one that is not so difficult to navigate.
"I'm still trying to find the plKey for Crud!"
Blender Age Creation Tutorials
3DS Max Age Creation Tutorials
andylegate

Postby bnewton81 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:41 pm

Right you are Andy, but i'd be nice to go to the source. Ya know?
bnewton81

Postby Chacal » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:30 pm

Are you registered on the forum? Sometimes forum use CAPTCHAs only for unregistered visitors.

JWPlatt wrote:The great thing about spammers is that they are proving how worthless captcha has become. If there's anyone who will make admins realize captcha only works against their own users, it's the spammers. Good luck to them. :P

In my experience, this is only partially true. On the forums I manage, I have seen tremendous decrease of spambot registrations when I activated CAPTCHAs. It went from "unmanageable" to "annoying". There was no decrease in registration attempts, though, which indicates it was effective against a lot of bots. The remaining spambots are probably manually registered by humans in Eastern European sweatshops.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby D'Lanor » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:33 am

Chacal wrote:Are you registered on the forum? Sometimes forum use CAPTCHAs only for unregistered visitors.

Correct. I am registered there and I get no CAPTCHA when I use the search function.
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Return to Off-Topic Discussion