New myst-ical puzzle game I've worked on for 3 years

Anything that isn't directly related to Age Creation but that might be interesting to Age developers.

Re: New myst-ical puzzle game I've worked on for 3 years

Postby Aloys » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:00 pm

Random info: if any of you have the game and plan on playing it today: don't, or at least don't download the latest update. It's got a nasty save game bug that our QA didn't catch.. :? (in fact I haven't been able to reproduce it so far)..
Some people in the Steam forum are very unhappy...
Aloys

Postby Sirius » Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:17 am

Aloys wrote:Some people in the Steam forum are very unhappy...

Aren't Steam forums dedicated to bashing games anyway ? :lol: Nowadays it's normal even for triple A games to be buggy in the first few days of release, people should learn to be more lenient towards game devs... Bonne chance ! ;)
Sirius

Postby Emor D'ni Lap » Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:42 pm

Great Work, Aloys!
I really appreciate all the effort you and your team put into the lighting, texturing, the camera moves, the tricky layered effects, sound and more.
The puzzles were about as difficult as I'd have wanted them to be. And the whole game played flawlessly on my Win10 PC
Show Spoiler

I hope you do well enough with this to continue the project in the future!
Emor D'ni Lap

Postby Aloys » Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:45 pm

Sirius wrote:Aren't Steam forums dedicated to bashing games anyway ? :lol:

Pretty much. But I have to admit they can be usefull to track down bug that the QA missed.. :?

Emor D'ni Lap wrote:Great Work, Aloys!
I really appreciate all the effort you and your team put into the lighting, texturing, the camera moves, the tricky layered effects, sound and more.
The puzzles were about as difficult as I'd have wanted them to be. And the whole game played flawlessly on my Win10 PC
Show Spoiler

I hope you do well enough with this to continue the project in the future!

Thanks! (I too hope we do well enough; this is looking good so far, but money is gonna be reaally tight for the next two months until we start actually receiving the sales proceedings..

As for your bug: I'm sorry you ran into that; this not a bug we had seen yet. Although this is not a use case we have tested, to be fully honnest. Leaving the game running alone for hours is a rather standard QA test (what QA calls an 'aging test'); but I will fully admit that is one we skipped.. (you need to have a PC that can be monopolized for hours to run such a test, and that is not something our small team could afford, when we have computers we tend to use them. :) ). In fact it is entirely possible there are other similar situations in the game we'll never know about.
Anyhow: thanks for the report! We'll look into this, maybe we'll find something interesting.
Aloys

Previous

Return to Off-Topic Discussion