Offline UruCC+Drizzle32 USB key

Anything that isn't directly related to Age Creation but that might be interesting to Age developers.

Offline UruCC+Drizzle32 USB key

Postby Maroonroon » Tue May 18, 2021 7:00 am

Hello.

I did an offline install of "Uru Complete Chronicles" + "Drizzle32" on an NTFS formatted USB key for "Windows", making it easy to take away the game at friends home (they all have Windows 7, 8.1 or 10).

On this USB key, I created a batch of ".bat" and ".vbs" files allowing on choice:

- to play on the USB key, with the addition and deletion of the registry key required to set the language used by the game;

- or to copy the game files to the host computer, with the addition of the registry key required to set the language used by the game, and with a ".bat" file to delete the "registry key + the game folder".

The USB key seems to work perfectly in the curent state, but I have to install "PhysX" on the host computer for both choices.

So I would like to know if there is a way, by installing PhysX on the USB key, to make it supported by the host computer; by adding registry keys on the host computer, for example...

Please?
Maroonroon

Re: Offline UruCC+Drizzle32 USB key

Postby Maroonroon » Wed May 26, 2021 10:49 am

Nobody?
It probably means that there's currently no way to do it... :(
Maroonroon

Postby Charura » Wed May 26, 2021 2:06 pm

thumbs up...
Gehn Shard avvies: charura 10827 chickopee 142711 cannon belle 144577 char gearz 149794 teri dactyl 153077
Moul(a) Charura 55400 Chickopee 20089892 Cannon Belle 13686512 Char Gearz 706359 Teri Dactyl 12658065
Charura

Postby Sirius » Thu May 27, 2021 11:18 am

Uru CC doesn't require PhysX, does it ? Only MOULa uses it. And it's auto-installed by the launcher, I'm not sure you can safely bypass it...
Sirius

Postby Maroonroon » Thu May 27, 2021 12:22 pm

Sirius wrote:Uru CC doesn't require PhysX, does it ? Only MOULa uses it. And it's auto-installed by the launcher, I'm not sure you can safely bypass it...

Oops, it's seems you're right; I just uninstalled PhysX and PhysX Legacy, launched Uru CC, and it seems to work fine... :oops:
It's a good thing. :P

The next step, for this project, is to find how to change the starting age for any new avatar.
I'd like this version of the game (on the USB key) to match my website futur version, where the player will start at "Forsaken Stilt house" (filename "StiltHouse01" :arrow: which I build)...

/scratchhead For MOUL(a), we were able to change it in the "xDialogStartUp.py" file of the "PlClient"; but which file to edit for Uru CC?

Edit: Hum, I think it's in the "xAvatarCustomization.py" of "tpots-addons.pak"; I'll try that...

(/me goes install PhysX and PhysX Legacy again...)
Maroonroon

Postby Sirius » Thu May 27, 2021 1:52 pm

Hmm, I think you can't edit the start Age in CC, it's baked in UruExplorer.exe (which is why the Offline-KI's /autolink command only works after loading the Relto once). I could be wrong though.
Sirius

Postby Maroonroon » Thu May 27, 2021 3:07 pm

Hum, either I badly edited the file, either you're right again.
I will use the /autolink command and explain to my friends that they have to complete the desert first, for technical reasons, before reaching the "Forsaken Stilt house".
It will break the IC story of this version, but it seems that I don't have the choice, if I want the things to stay "easy" for me... :(

Anyway, thank you Sirius. :)
Maroonroon

Postby diafero » Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:25 am

/autolink should work no matter whether one starts in the desert or Relto. But I guess the problem is players need to get the KI first?

This is the code you will have to change if you want to just always link to a particular age, without setting that up with "/autolink" first.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Maroonroon » Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:54 am

diafero wrote:/autolink should work no matter whether one starts in the desert or Relto. But I guess the problem is players need to get the KI first?

This is the code you will have to change if you want to just always link to a particular age, without setting that up with "/autolink" first.

Thank you very much for your message, diafero! :)
"Python\offlineki.pak > xUserKIAdmin.py" OK, but I don't understand what to change in this file...

I tryed to add "StiltHouse01" (Forsaken Stilt house) in the line 222, but it don't seems to be what I had to do.
Code: Select all
autoLinkAge = xUserKI.GetChronicle(kAutoLinkChronicle, 'StiltHouse01')
Maroonroon

Postby diafero » Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:45 pm

Yeah that should set the default value.

You need to re-build the pak file then, as well. The wiki has instructions for how to do that.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Next

Return to Off-Topic Discussion