Editing my Uru CC install for my own use

Anything that isn't directly related to Age Creation but that might be interesting to Age developers.

Editing my Uru CC install for my own use

Postby Maroonroon » Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:08 pm

Hello.

Working on a "Uru CC + Drizzle32 + Converted MOUL/MystV Ages" install, I'd like to do something for my own use.
Coming back to the Cleft for the first time, I'd like to have this:

A)
If I go to Tomahna and return to the Relto without having found the YeeshaPage25 (CleftPole), the star fissure is still open and the Cleft/Tomahna linking book isn't on the shelf.

B)
- If I take the YeeshaPage25 and return to the Relto without going to Tomahna first, the star fissure is closed but the Cleft/Tomahna linking book isn't on the shelf.
- With the YeeshaPage25 OFF, the "Gahreesen, Teledahn, Eders and Kadish Tolesa" hydrants are visible but not the Cleft pole.
- With the YeeshaPage25 ON, the "Gahreesen, Teledahn, Eders and Kadish Tolesa" hydrants aren't visible, the Cleft pole is visible and I can open/close its sheath.

C)
- If I go to Tomahna and return to the Relto after having found the YeeshaPage25, the star fissure is closed and the Cleft/Tomahna linking book is on the shelf.
- With the YeeshaPage25 OFF, the "Gahreesen, Teledahn, Eders and Kadish Tolesa" hydrants are visible but not the Cleft pole.
- With the YeeshaPage25 ON, the "Gahreesen, Teledahn, Eders and Kadish Tolesa" hydrants aren't visible, the Cleft pole is visible but its sheath is closed.
- The Cleft linking book inside the Cleft pole is replaced by a linking book to another Age:
  • If the AGE file of this Age exists in the dat folder, I can open/close its sheath.
  • If the AGE file of this Age doesn't exists in the dat folder, I can't open its sheath (clicking hand plays full glow).

Does anyone know which files I need to edit and what I need to change in those files, please? :?
Maroonroon

Re: Editing my Uru CC install for my own use

Postby Sirius » Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:45 am

That's gonna be rather annoying and likely will require changing many files... :lol:

Most of it should be controlled via Python files, such as Cleft.py, cleft***.py, Personal.py and some psnl***.py. You will need to be familiar with Python scripting to locate and tweak the various conditions.

Bonne chance. Ces scripts sont assez long et complexes, donc c'est certainement plus compliqué que de changer une SDL ou bidouiller un PRP...
Sirius

Postby Maroonroon » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:35 am

Sirius wrote:You will need to be familiar with Python scripting to locate and tweak the various conditions.

I'm not familiar with Python at all, and with my memory problems I can't learn new informatical languages (for example)... :(
When I try to "read" Python scripts, I can manage to understand a few lines, but not how to edit them, for most of the scripts.

What I wrote in my first post could be used with the offline KI, so, maybe someone could try to do it (except the "replaced linking book inside the Cleft pole" thing, probably)... I'd like to, but I can't.
Maroonroon

Postby Sirius » Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:53 am

Maroonroon wrote:I'm not familiar with Python at all, and with my memory problems I can't learn new informatical languages (for example)... :(

Je vois. C'est embêtant, en effet :(

Maroonroon wrote:What I wrote in my first post could be used with the offline KI, so, maybe someone could try to do it (except the "replaced linking book inside the Cleft pole" thing, probably)... I'd like to, but I can't.

I'm afraid I'd rather not touch this part of the game. There are already enough variations in behavior between offline/DI/MOULa, so unless it's a popular request I prefer not to break anything. Especially since I don't have a lot of time for this stuff currently... Désolé :/
Sirius

Postby Maroonroon » Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:40 am

I understand; thank you anyway, Sirius.
Maroonroon

Postby Rex Havoc » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:43 pm

I’m interested in visiting Deep Island and heard that I need ‘Complete Chronicles’ installed. I have my original URU disc as well as my Path of the Shell disc. Will this work? I’ll then need to read up on what else I need to do to access the Shard.
Thanks!
Rex Havoc

Postby Maroonroon » Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:51 am

For Deep Island, it would be there: Deep Island ;)
Maroonroon

Return to Off-Topic Discussion