UAM Shard Bug Thread, found a bug post um here

Anything that isn't directly related to Age Creation but that might be interesting to Age developers.

Re: UAM Shard Bug Thread, found a bug post um here

Postby Karkadann » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:49 am

Just uploaded the new one with a different prefix number 2020, and thank you for the quick answer
as for changeing it I was thinking of the Prologue from Loreena McKennitt but I dont know how to add background music or animate yet, The Lost Stonehenge is just the latest example of what learning in 3dsmax, thanks to some the tutorials and trial, error, and some logical deduction

so its still open to change
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Postby billyat » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:46 pm

Karkadann wrote:heres an interesting bug I just noticed, I just logged on to see how The Lost Stonehenge age worked on a online shard and everything was great until I linked back to Relto
Show Spoiler

Now I dont mind having a few extras in my Relto but this looks kinda out of place Fun to explore but uh hmmmm

Edit to add

Just logged back in and its gone, although it was fun while it lasted,

perhaps one of the Bahro and their rather unusual sense of humor

It's not just relto:
Here's Myst
Show Spoiler

and Rowan Green
Show Spoiler

In fact in every age I've visited good ole TLS is in it. It may be a bug -- but I like it. :lol: In some ages its presence isn't obvious except for some changes in the textures (e.g. cones seem to glow).

Here is a bug though: the Deep Island Drizzle lists TLS as being downloaded but it isn't in the DI dat folder or listed in the DI nexus. The UAM Drizzle lists it as unloaded but it is in the dat folder and the nexus.

Some Men Interpret Nine Memos
billyat

Postby Karkadann » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:35 am

All I did was change the name after exporting and converting honest
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Postby Egon » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:50 am

Karkadann wrote:All I did was change the name after exporting and converting honest

And that is the source of this bug. Uru paging system does not like it.

You can't change the name of the file, or prefix number. If You want to change name of the file, You have to treat it as a new Age and get a new prefix number for it.
Egon #2052375
Who You gonna call? Guild of Doorcallers! #5356672
Eder Tsogal/Delin Marathon
Egon

Postby diafero » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:50 am

Actually, Egon, that was not the issue here. You can change the filename of a yet unreleased age, and it will affect only your own instalaltion.
The problem seems to be that he changed the filename by "renaming the files". That is a big no-go as the age name is also saved within the prp file, and it must match the filename. So, the proper way would have been to change the name in Blender and do a new export, before doing the first release. That'd have worked fine.

It looks like Karkadann is going to release a new version with another prefix and another (internal, actual) name and properly exported, which should then fix this: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=4858
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby ddb174 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:25 pm

(I don't read the forums too often, so sorry for the delay.)

Karkadann fixed it and sent me the update, and it's been on UAM since the 6th: http://dusty.homeunix.net/uru-ages/uam.updates.htm It works great now.
ddb174

Previous

Return to Off-Topic Discussion