That's all, folks

Anything that isn't directly related to Age Creation but that might be interesting to Age developers.

Re: That's all, folks

Postby Trylon » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:38 am

Subtitling is the way to go.
English voice with english subtitles could go a long way already, translating the subtitles would be relatively easy as well.

But - please use quality microphones for the recordings if you are doing voice overs.
A simple condenser microphone is often not enough.

Bad quality voice-overs are worst than no voice-overs at alll IMO.
One day I ran through the cleft for the fiftieth time, and found that uru held no peace for me anymore.
Trylon

Postby Nek'rahm » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:58 am

A lot of the "Exile" music is very cryptic and would work very well with this kind of project.

I have the entire CD, so if we find a video we like, I could fix that up.
Nek'rahm

Postby Gbadji » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:15 am

of course andylegate, I wasn't expecting you speak french (you have not heard me speaking english, you would fly to France ;) ), I thought about subtitle to help us.
The French's Mystpedia age Project - http://www.mystpedia.net
To find me in the Cavern: Gbadji KI #6911493 or Alatan KI#7869109
Gbadji

Postby andylegate » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:39 pm

No, I wouldn't fly over there (except to be over there again!), as I heard english murdered quite a bit. I lived in Italy for 3 years, so it doesn't bother me at all!

When I live there however, I always made an effort to talk in as much Italian as I could. I'd get a lot of chuckles and laughs, but they always appriciated it, and I always learned something new each time!

Caio!
"I'm still trying to find the plKey for Crud!"
Blender Age Creation Tutorials
3DS Max Age Creation Tutorials
andylegate

Postby Chacal » Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:27 pm

I think Andy's video version of my suggestion #2 will work. Now that wasn't too bad was it?
What about the rest? We need more opinions or more people stepping forward to do something.
I was thinking about a video of #1 from the start (showing me running around in the new areas) but it would ruin the idea of a challenge. So what do you think is best for #1, the challenge or a run-through video?

Chacal wrote:1- What if I published my "Opening the cavern" challenge on the MOUL forum? I'm sure a significant portion of readers have the single-player version, and even for those who don't, seeing pictures of what can be done may be enough to keep them interested, and more importantly show them how easily we can modify Uru. Even better, putting a link to the challenge here could possibly make the GoW a reality for new people, and perhaps they would join.

2- We should also, of course, do the same for the Ages in development here. I suggest those who have an Age gather up a picture gallery of good screenshots, ending with a "If you're interested in learning ..." part.
These could be published in the showcase subforums or in the dev journals, and there should be a link to them in a sticky in the general discussions.

3- The GoW portal should be oriented more towards the general public, with the current status of development for tools and Ages in its news section, along with a link to the above-mentioned galleries. The focus should be "this is how far we've gone towards Uru 2".

4- I also have an idea for a quick collaborative Age that I found here: http://www.wayofthepixel.net/pixelation ... pic=1101.0
This would be fascinating to do in Blender. A sort of mini-AhraPahts where you would complete a small part of a small Age. Look it up!
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby Kierra » Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:46 pm

If I am understanding you correctly, some of you are planning to make a video promoting our Writer's ages, yes?

So you would like all writers with Ages they are working on to start shooting some video?

~Kia
Kierra

Postby Chacal » Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:52 pm

I'd start with a gallery, and add video if you feel it would be suitable to your AGe.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby Nek'rahm » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:02 pm

Well... we could get all of the Guilds to come together and make a website :D

I thought of naming this undertaking "Project URU" (Uru Revitilization Undertaking) but that was when I was half asleep in class today ;)

Anywho, if a Core site was made, we'd have somewhere to point people towards.

I dunno, it could work...
Nek'rahm

Postby Nadnerb » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:39 pm

This IS the core site, we just have to have some promotional materials on it. :P
Live KI: 34914 MOULa KI: 23247 Gehn KI: 11588 Available Ages: TunnelDemo3, BoxAge, Odema
Nadnerb

Postby Trylon » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:40 pm

One day I ran through the cleft for the fiftieth time, and found that uru held no peace for me anymore.
Trylon

Previous

Return to Off-Topic Discussion