That's all, folks

Anything that isn't directly related to Age Creation but that might be interesting to Age developers.

Re: That's all, folks

Postby Nek'rahm » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:42 pm

I honestly agree with this.

If the people don't know about things BEFORE Uru shuts down, there goes all of our hopes for Uru 2

BTW, I'm still trying to figure out the IP problem... will respond to this later.
Nek'rahm

Postby Chacal » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:50 pm

About IP, pretty much everything you'll ever find can be found in what GD said in this chatlog.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby Nek'rahm » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:51 pm

Well... yes, but this form of Uru adaptation is a tad different than mere Age construction.

This will take careful treading, and I'm speaking to the necessary people concerning this.
Nek'rahm

Postby Aloys » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:51 pm

Chacal wrote:4- I also have an idea for a quick collaborative Age that I found here: http://www.wayofthepixel.net/pixelation ... pic=1101.0
This would be fascinating to do in Blender. A sort of mini-AhraPahts where you would complete a small part of a small Age. Look it up!

That project is great, I love collaborative projects like that (obviously).. A collaborative Age sounds a bit like what some people were trying to push for the half-dead showcase Age project.. I'm dwelving slightly off topic here, so I'll put the rest of that post here:
Show Spoiler
Aloys

Postby andylegate » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:19 pm

Hey how about showing video of our Ages?

I had that idea pop in my head the other day. Got a couple of people still working out bugs with getting Uru to run on their computers, and I thought of linking in to my Night Time CB and taking some video, with sound so they could hear stuff.

Now that we can put in sounds, I can take short video clips and people can hear things in our Ages too.

Might wet their appetites a bit.

I'll give that a spin tomorrow. See how it goes. If it works, I'll post a link for y'all to look at too.
"I'm still trying to find the plKey for Crud!"
Blender Age Creation Tutorials
3DS Max Age Creation Tutorials
andylegate

Postby Chacal » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:56 pm

Good idea. Add a nice music to it, one that fits well with the team.
Maybe a voice-over.

We need the guy who does all the voice-overs for the Hollywood trailers. The one who sounds as if he smokes 4 packs a day.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby Nadnerb » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:52 pm

"A deep voice, that sounds like a 7 foot tall man, who has been smoking cigarettes, since childhood." ahem. ;)
Live KI: 34914 MOULa KI: 23247 Gehn KI: 11588 Available Ages: TunnelDemo3, BoxAge, Odema
Nadnerb

Postby Marcello » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:07 am

About momentum: is it an idea to start a newsletter concerning the future of Uru? People have probably started leaving already. We could post this everywhere, tell about the things we do, get people to see the amazing screenshots we have already and keep them up to date to any servers that might pop up. Whether by us or by Cyan or whoever.
Marcello

Postby Gbadji » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:19 am

For the voice, please do not forget that there is people the other side of the ocean which does not understand English very well (it is easier to read than to listen) ;) .

Thanks for your job.
The French's Mystpedia age Project - http://www.mystpedia.net
To find me in the Cavern: Gbadji KI #6911493 or Alatan KI#7869109
Gbadji

Postby andylegate » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:23 am

Oh gods....voice overs........ehehhehe.....bad enough y'all get to hear my voice in Camp Bravo.....

But in French?

Gbadji, you would most likely fly over here to the USA, and hunt me down and kill me for murdering your beautiful language! :D

My southern accent would not help at all!

It would sound like:

"Par-lay-voo france-say y'all?"

Maybe someone like Chacal could do it! I'm sure his french is very good!
"I'm still trying to find the plKey for Crud!"
Blender Age Creation Tutorials
3DS Max Age Creation Tutorials
andylegate

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Discussion