That's all, folks

Anything that isn't directly related to Age Creation but that might be interesting to Age developers.

That's all, folks

Postby Dovahn » Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:42 pm

Not much needs to be said. See the thread here:

http://www.gametap.com/forums/thread.js ... adID=13953

Well, there's of course no reason why we need to split up. We can continue working with URU:CC, and holding out hope that MOUL will live again. It did it in 2003, and it can do it again.

Best of wishes to Cyan.
Dovahn

Re: That's all, folks

Postby Robert The Rebuilder » Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:56 pm

It is devastating news, for us and for Cyan alike, and at first it seems like there is no incentive to continue.

But as Dovahn said, we Writers operate in Uru:CC, not MO:UL. We're self sufficient - we have made our own tools. We have many projects still being worked on, and it would be great to see them to the finish.

Maybe now, Cyan will be willing to let us operate our own servers to allow us to explore our ages together.
Can we rebuild it? Yes, we can - here's how.

MOULagain KI# 1299

Myst Movie coming soon - spread the word!
Robert The Rebuilder

Postby andylegate » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:00 pm

This greatly saddens me. I don't regret any of my time spent on MOUL, with my Maintainers, and with all of you here.

In fact, I'm GLAD that I've spent time here, and have learned so much. While MOUL will not continue to grow, my book shelf in my Uru CC will continue to grow.
I can also share these Ages with my friends still, regardless of what GameTap and Cyan have done.

We may not be able to meet in these Ages now, but......

In anycase, you will still see me here on this board.

'bought feel like wearing a black arm band....... :cry:
"I'm still trying to find the plKey for Crud!"
Blender Age Creation Tutorials
3DS Max Age Creation Tutorials
andylegate

Postby Marcello » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:27 pm

I really hope we can keep the community here working. I have no intention to stop writing. Robert I'm so happy you mention building our own servers. Imagine what we could do. Maybe we should drag some people in here who managed to do some great server work or maybe they are here already.

Although I'm very sad right now, great things can still be done!!

Time for a meeting???
Marcello

Postby Nadnerb » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:32 pm

I certainly don't intend to leave here. While I don't really expect Cyan to sanction the creation of servers, at this point, I'm not sure how they could expect not to. The technical community has a much bigger head start than it did the first time around, the only real question is how much motivation will remain. I expect to be surprised on that front.
Live KI: 34914 MOULa KI: 23247 Gehn KI: 11588 Available Ages: TunnelDemo3, BoxAge, Odema
Nadnerb

Postby Chacal » Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:13 pm

Devastating news.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby mckendall » Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:23 pm

I could hardly believe that news. I will still be around here my library is getting loaded with books and I love it.
mckendall

Postby Trylon » Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:23 pm

Well, being naturally optimistic, I'd say that we might be able to turn this disadvantage into an advantage... it just needs some time..
One day I ran through the cleft for the fiftieth time, and found that uru held no peace for me anymore.
Trylon

Postby Kierra » Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:47 pm

:o still in shock here.

The only reason I even found out was because I randomly decided to check the myst online website. I mean, did anyone get an email announcement? Because I sure didn't.

Honestly, I see another Until Uru popping up, especially if we can work out with Cyan sharing our fan made ages there. They were sounding like they were going start bringing us in on season two, so I think they'd be open to the idea of UU part 2. Except maybe it'd be After Uru. :(

~Kia
Kierra

Postby Aloys » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:04 pm

As I just mentionned elsewhere I just too tired, disappointed, and upset to even try to think about that kind of thing today. Tomorrow is another day. Maybe we'll wake up and it'll all have been a bad dream. [/sarcasm]
:(
Aloys

Next

Return to Off-Topic Discussion