Had a tornado here last night.

Anything that isn't directly related to Age Creation but that might be interesting to Age developers.

Re: Had a tornado here last night.

Postby mar » Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:41 pm

I saw a item about the tornado on the television at the news by us in the Netherlands. But when I see your pictures it is most impressive. I' am happy you and your family are not hurt. Further it was lucky that your car was not at home staying under the pinetrees.
mar

Postby Zander » Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:12 pm

Nasty, nasty weather. Glad you're okay.
Zander

Postby andylegate » Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:24 pm

Here's some more pics for y'all to look at, taken today. You can see a bit more in the sunlight.

What's left of the shed:

This is a 95 foot tall pine.....well it's not tall anymore:

Here's that other pine I mentioned. That's my shoe. I wear a size 10 mens. Any questions?

The other end laying on the ground:

Now my dad has a Webber Grill, just like I do. The bottom part was just knocked over and is okay.
The lid on the other hand, is no longer round. It's oval. The wind was so strong it whipped it back into the woods where it hit a tree with enough force to deform it. If it had hit a person, they'd be dead.

Finally found the tree it hit, you can see the mark. I don't think the grill lid knocked the tree down though..... :D

This is Star. My step mothers dog who's half Husky, half wolf. No kidding, she really is.....she's just like a big puppy though. During the twister, she was right out in it, nothing we could do. She curled up into a ball, and survived just fine.
"I'm still trying to find the plKey for Crud!"
Blender Age Creation Tutorials
3DS Max Age Creation Tutorials
andylegate

Postby Grogyan » Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:51 pm

Good to hear you guys were okay through it, even Star.

A force 2 is IMO a littlin, from the perspective of news reports we get here in NZ about twisters in the US.

We had a waterspout not too long a go, and a couple of twisters a couple weeks back, doesn't sound odd right? No, NZ very rarely gets any tornadoes let alone about 5 in the past decade, most have been a force 1 or 2, but creates havoc the next few days.
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Grogyan

Previous

Return to Off-Topic Discussion