One Uru Forum

Anything that isn't directly related to Age Creation but that might be interesting to Age developers.

Re: One Uru Forum

Postby andylegate » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:28 am

We had no place to go (other than the Assembly of Guilds at the time). We could have asked Game Tap to make different Guild Forms for us on the MOUL forum, and they did have a Guild forum, but remember, at the time, they were not recognizing anyone group as being "official" other than the Greeters and Cartographers.

And since MOUL is going away, no telling how long that forum will be sticking around.

The reason I asked about the Messengers, is because at the last All Guilds meeting, they vowed to help keep the community informed of things going on, including Guild Info, and they started the News Letter as their first step. They had other tenative plans, but were also waiting to see what Cyan and GT are going to be doing after the close down.

Considering the GoM primary responsibility is news and information of that type, it might be a good idea to go to their forum and website and talk with them (there's link over at the Maintainers Forum for them). Be kind of strange to have your forum all set up for what you're talking about, and then go to them and ask them for news and stuff. Wonder what their reaction would be.
"I'm still trying to find the plKey for Crud!"
Blender Age Creation Tutorials
3DS Max Age Creation Tutorials
andylegate

Postby Nek'rahm » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:43 am

Well, I'm actually intending on doing that. Right now though, the Forums could act as a meeting spot for the Guilds to talk about anything they want to do together. Apart from that, yea, I'm gunna message em :)

BTW, who runs the Guild of Messengers? I'm kinda looking around, or at least who runs the Newsletter. Looks like Lynnutte :)
Nek'rahm

Postby Nynaveve » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:13 am

Yes, I think Lynnutte is a good contact for you to start with.

I still don't understand the point in another forum. What's wrong with using the AoG forum? Isn't that what they were originally intended for, the gathering of the Guilds? Why not just revert to those or the GoMe for a centralized location?
Guild of Maintainers Webmystress and Grand Master

Nynaveve

Postby andylegate » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:48 am

If I remember right, AoG can't be used anymore because the Admin rights are gone........or did I get that wrong? So there's no way to administer it right.

However what I was thinking is: having one place to find info, news, etc, etc, is not a bad idea. But why not USE the Messengers for that? I'm sure they would be happy to do something like this. I mean, you'd go to the Cartographers for maps, Maintainers for testing, Writers for Building.........it would just make sense to use a place that already exisists and would be one of their purpose anyway.
andylegate

Postby Nynaveve » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:17 am

Ah, didn't know we had troubles with the AoG forums.

On that note, I agree the Messengers would be the best resource for this. They need a purpose, and this is perfect for them. :) They're one of the Guilds that will be struggling to find things to do when the Cavern closes again. I think this would be perfect for them, if they're willing to take it on.
Guild of Maintainers Webmystress and Grand Master

Nynaveve

Postby Nek'rahm » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:06 pm

OOOOOOHHHHH IDEA FORMING!!!

Let's make One Uru a Messenger forum! It'd be run by the Messengers and be a place for them to do their thing. This would involve some slight tweaking to the forums and categories of One Uru, but it's a good idea.

I'll message them tonight ^_^
Nek'rahm

Postby BladeLakem » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:25 pm

Nek'rahm wrote:Let's make One Uru a Messenger forum! It'd be run by the Messengers and be a place for them to do their thing. This would involve some slight tweaking to the forums and categories of One Uru, but it's a good idea.

The Messengers do have a concept of 'affiliates', but I like your idea of tying it directly into the Messenegr's organization.
BladeLakem

Postby Lade'e » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:04 pm

Yup ... the AoG forum is down. The GoM does have their own site and forum, where Lynnutte is one of the moderators ... if that helps any ...
Lade'e

Postby Tweek » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:06 pm

Nek'rahm wrote:OOOOOOHHHHH IDEA FORMING!!!

Let's make One Uru a Messenger forum! It'd be run by the Messengers and be a place for them to do their thing. This would involve some slight tweaking to the forums and categories of One Uru, but it's a good idea.

I'll message them tonight ^_^

The messengers already have a forum though.

Edit - Lade'e beat me too it.
Beneath - IC Blog.
Beneath: Ages of Tweek - FB Age Dev Page.
Tweek

Postby andylegate » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:45 pm

yah..........

Hey, not to be critical or anything of you guys, your enthusiasm is quite welcome at a time when most people are going around with long faces!

However, in the future, y'all might want to come to places like here, or MOUL forum, or wherever and present the idea first and get some input. I mean, no one is telling you that you can't do this. Go right ahead and have this forum if you want, but you might not draw a large crowd. I think most people here would have told you guys to go talk to the Messengers first and see if they'd work with you on something like this.

Anyway, just my opinion. I hate to see people put in a lot of hard work before finding out it might not fly.
andylegate

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Discussion