Uru: Ages Beyond Myst. Coming Soon?: 4/10/2008?

Anything that isn't directly related to Age Creation but that might be interesting to Age developers.

Uru: Ages Beyond Myst. Coming Soon?: 4/10/2008?

Postby L. DaVinci » Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:36 pm

Ok.. I posted this in the Gametap forum thinking something else.
http://www.gametap.com/forums/forum.jsp ... =1&start=0
"Access the games coming soon... It shows that Uru is listed in there and slated for release on the same day of cancellation. Is this a glitch?.. Mistake perhaps. Or is Gametap releasing the game again to it's current player base with the content it has accumulated over the years?"

I also saw a similar post in the Guild of Messenger's forum by Lynnutte. http://messengers.sixpencemedia.com/for ... ?f=5&t=140

It wasn't until then that I finally figured out what Gametap is doing. Uru:ABM, is the first release before the Path of the Shell and Dn'i expansions. Not quite the Complete Chronicles, but it makes me wonder if they are going to eventually release all of the material for those expansions, as well as the Season 1 material. I'm guessing this is another move to keep their player base intact. I don't think this is going to be the continuation of Season 2. I think it's pretty obvious at this point that MO:UL is closing. However, I do not believe that this is the end.

If you recall, the end of season one left us with a message from Yeesha. "Destruction will come... soon or later. When it does, you must have a way. You must make a home." The last clue comes from the rumors that Season 2 was suppose to focus on the Rise of the Guilds.

It seems to me that it really is up to us to bring Uru, or a similar form of it to life. We may not be the Dn'i, but we have learned a lot from them. For all we know this is what is suppose to happen. We have most if not all of the tools at our disposal to create our ages and develop our own online communities. I think it's time for all of us to come together and make a decision about what we want to do. We either do this, or we don't. I know that we are waiting for a response from Cyan, but what if this is where we are suppose to respond. To tell Cyan.. Yes.. we accept the challenge to bring the guilds to life, and restore the Dn'i cavern and create the ages.

That's what I'm seeing from my perspective.

DaVinci.
L. DaVinci

Re: Uru: Ages Beyond Myst. Coming Soon?: 4/10/2008?

Postby Robert The Rebuilder » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:11 am

There are more details about the re-appearance of URU:ABM in the Myst Online thread here:

http://www.mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15168
Can we rebuild it? Yes, we can - here's how.

MOULagain KI# 1299

Myst Movie coming soon - spread the word!
Robert The Rebuilder

Postby greendragoon » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:17 am

Gametap is simply returning their library to the condition it was before the launch of Myst Online. I would not take Gametap's intentions as as sign of Cyan's intentions.
Robert "greendragoon" Starbuck
As Long as there is MORE,
I will explore.
And as long as my Relto shelf is unfilled,
I will build.
greendragoon

Location: Stuck in Indiana because the cavern door is locked.

Postby Nek'rahm » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:17 am

All the games on GT, other than Myst and RealMyst, I think, are owned in part by Ubisoft. This includes ABM, which they gave GT a right to publish. Cyan owns the expansion packs tho, so it's just ABM
Nek'rahm

Postby L. DaVinci » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:46 am

ah.. ok.. thanks for clearing that up for me guys. Quite a few things that I was not aware of there.

DaVinci.
L. DaVinci

Return to Off-Topic Discussion