Happy Easter

Anything that isn't directly related to Age Creation but that might be interesting to Age developers.

Happy Easter

Postby Grogyan » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:32 pm

Hi everyone, hope you all had a great long weekend.

I have just returned from a road trip, and back on the horse barding my trade
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Grogyan

Re: Happy Easter

Postby Chacal » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:45 pm

I had emergency surgery for appendicitis. It was interesting.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby Grogyan » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:58 pm

Sorry to hear that Chacal.

Mine was interesting too, some jerk thought it was funny to kick the side of my new car in, just got a quote for that, $720, that and the backpackers I was staying at had very creaky beds, so no matter who turned over at night, I woke up, I also woke up several times with snoring.

Ahh the joys of backpacker hostels
Grogyan

Postby pappou » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:51 pm

And Happy Easter to you, Grogyan. Where did you do your backpacking?

Sorry to hear of your operation, Chacal. How are you doing? Were you able to avoid sepsis? Hope so; that can really be nasty.

As for my Easter, i won't enjoy the Resurrection until next month. We are Eastern (Greek) Orthodox and celebrate it as Pascha -- which is the culmination of Holy Week, which itself follows Lent (we are in the second week of Lent).

Tell us how you are doing, Chacal.
pappou
pappou

Postby andylegate » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:11 pm

I remember when my little sister got appendicitis. My parents were stationed in Italy, and my dad took my mom to Greece for a week, leaving me incharge.

Then my sister got sick to her tummy one school night and complained that it hurt, plus she had a fever. Next day we went to school, was High School then, and I sent her to see the school nurse to see what was wrong. A few hours later I was called to the office, and got told that they rushed her to the hospital for surgery, that she had appendicitis. Luckly, every thing was fine and she was okay.

But I had made homemade pizza the night before. She still won't eat my pizza 24 years later. :D

Hope you get better Chacal!
"I'm still trying to find the plKey for Crud!"
Blender Age Creation Tutorials
3DS Max Age Creation Tutorials
andylegate

Postby teedyo » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:54 pm

andylegate wrote:But I had made homemade pizza the night before. She still won't eat my pizza 24 years later. :D
Hope you get better Chacal!

Well, there is a limit to the number of organs the human body can lose and still function. :D

Be well, Chacal.
teedyo

Postby Chacal » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:07 pm

I'm all right, thanks. This is a "good" illness, by which I mean a usual illness that our health system is used to treating on a regular basis. Heart attacks are like that too. So they have processes for those ilnesses. As soon as I stepped foot inside the hospital I was sucked into the process and got excellent service, ending back home less than 48 hours later. Quite different from the battle I waged against the system last year while trying to take care of my elderly father.

The good news is, while before I got sick I was hopelessly behind in my work, with customers impatiently waiting for deliverables, now I have a 2-week medical break and the customers are OK with that. So the pressure has dropped and I can sleep, browse forums at leisure. I have even started going through Trylon's first Age tutorial, a thing that normally would have waited until summer.

Doing the tutorial is slightly more painful than appendicitis. And I have done modeling before.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby Grogyan » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:16 pm

pappou wrote:And Happy Easter to you, Grogyan. Where did you do your backpacking?

I drove up to Whangarei and stayed at "The Mural"
Grogyan

Postby pappou » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:54 pm

I hear that is great out-of-doors country -- staggering changes of topography and climate in very small areas. But i've never been down under. I did live in Oregon tho -- used to wake up and look out at beautiful Mount Washington.

Now it has no top; not beautiful anymore, i understand.
pappou
pappou

Return to Off-Topic Discussion