MOUL Music?

Anything that isn't directly related to Age Creation but that might be interesting to Age developers.

MOUL Music?

Postby katreeny » Sat May 10, 2008 2:32 pm

I've just spent today reconstituting my computer after my XP install decided to crap itself. Unfortunately, part of the crapping itself was all my MOUL files - and I hadn't copied the music I wanted so I lost it :(

Does anyone have a copy of the music used in MOUL? I know a lot was the same as the Uru:CC music, but some of the outstanding differences are the Minkata day, night and success music, both K'veer pieces, and I'm pretty sure some of the Ahnonay stuff.

Of *course* dumbo here's backup of my CC install was on the same hard drive, so the whole thing got splatted - so yet again I get to play through all the Ages, fast forward the Yeesha speeches (heard them too many times) and reinstall the ULM etc etc etc. (Not to mention Myst, Riven, Exile, Revelation, EoA... Oh and a couple things I need for when I work from home)

At least I have XP with sound and internet again. And I don't have to manually START the bloody thing. :x

Katreeny
Katreeny - KI 954782
katreeny

Re: MOUL Music?

Postby Grogyan » Sat May 10, 2008 3:26 pm

Sorry but we cannot due to limitations in Copyright
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Grogyan

Postby BAD » Sat May 10, 2008 3:39 pm

*IF* someone wanted to be nice they could get the sounds out of their MOUL install and post it up on a file sharing site like Rapidshare.

*IF* someone wanted to they could then PM Kat with the where abouts of such files........

No one should ever make these files available publicly for download, as the would violate the rules of this board and your eula.
BAD is as good as he gets
BAD

Postby katreeny » Sat May 10, 2008 5:38 pm

Thanks, guys.

Irrespective of whether any PMs arrive or not...

After spending over a year exploring the Cavern, it's a little hard to accept that all of those files just went *phut* courtesy an irritable Windows partition.

I'd buy it from Cyan if I could, too.

Katreeny

(did anyone else ever just sit in K'veer and look out the stained glass window and admire the sheer beauty of it all, with that gorgeous ethereal music looping?)
Katreeny - KI 954782
katreeny

Postby andylegate » Sat May 10, 2008 7:02 pm

No. I sat in the round room in K'veer listening to the music in there. In fact, it's one of the songs I listen to while working on my Ages.
"I'm still trying to find the plKey for Crud!"
Blender Age Creation Tutorials
3DS Max Age Creation Tutorials
andylegate

Postby katreeny » Sat May 10, 2008 7:18 pm

I liked that too, Andy.

Also the Ahnonay statue.

There were so many places you could go and just sit and enjoy the ambiance.

Katreeny
Katreeny - KI 954782
katreeny

Postby Ehren » Sat May 10, 2008 11:06 pm

I think all the Ahnonay music was the same in MOUL and PotS

In MOUL the file KVeerMusic sounds the same as the PotS file KverYeeshaMusic

The new ones from MOUL I know of are:

-kverSeasonFinaleMx
-gpubAmbience
-minkBadlandsMiddle
-minkBadlands-Reprise
-minkBadlands-CaveMusic (This one was unused in MOUL but was in the files!)
-psnlMusicPlayer

Are there any others?
Ehren

Postby Nadnerb » Sat May 10, 2008 11:46 pm

Ehren wrote:-minkBadlands-CaveMusic (This one was unused in MOUL but was in the files!)

This was used. It was the reward for "correctly" solving the puzzle in Minkata by following the paths step by step and/or the reward for randomly stumbling across the regions that trigger it.
Live KI: 34914 MOULa KI: 23247 Gehn KI: 11588 Available Ages: TunnelDemo3, BoxAge, Odema
Nadnerb

Postby Jojon » Sun May 11, 2008 6:13 am

Uhm, so mathematically figuring out the vectors before taking a single step wasn't kosher then? :oops:
Jojon

Postby katreeny » Sun May 11, 2008 6:18 am

I really should dig up the huge list I submitted as a request for cannen music in MOUL. :)

Both the K'veer pieces were in it, as well as I think all the other new music and the general sound ambience from Eder Delin and Eder Tsoghal (so peaceful...). As I recall, I ended up listing it by Age for the sake of the developers!

That's something I would have liked to have seen in MOUL as a small change regularly. A cannen popping up somewhere new to add the music from that location to our Relto playlists. Ah well. Maybe next time.

Katreeny.

p.s. Thank you to the very kind anonymous person who pointed me in a direction I shall not name. You know who you are ;)
Katreeny - KI 954782
katreeny

Next

Return to Off-Topic Discussion