OMG! WE WON!! URU LIVE IS BACK!

Anything that isn't directly related to Age Creation but that might be interesting to Age developers.

OMG! WE WON!! URU LIVE IS BACK!

Postby di gama » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:36 am

This :o just came off the presses on GoMa, and it means that Cyan just scored a big win for us! URU Live is Back! :D :D

Apparently, Cyan finally wrested the rights back from Turner to UL, and they're handing the reins to us at GoW! Now, it's not perfect, but considering the current state of events, we couldn't have hoped for a better outcome. From what I understand, we get to write fan ages for UL3, and they keep the servers/"shards" running for $25/6mo, which is well worth it, considering it's only 40% the cost for the same material (in all honesty, who really played those other games?). Obviously this means we're getting multiplayer back, as well, and with no new content this will be like UU except for one crucial difference: Cyan is not just condoning, but encouraging us to write fan ages. Maybe I'm being optimistic, but now that they are openly encouraging us to write, we might be able to get some Cyan insight into their file formats and tools and such, and then we can make some real headway. To reiterate:

We WON!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
di gama

Re: OMG! WE WON!! URU LIVE IS BACK!

Postby Grogyan » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:49 am

Slow down!

Take several deep breaths
Oh what the heck, WOOO HOOO

Grogyan does a very happy dance :D
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Grogyan

Postby andylegate » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:54 am

Here is the letter from Cyan in case people don't follow the link:

Shorah,

We've got some good news. GameTap and Cyan Worlds have reached an agreement that would return the rights of Myst Online to Cyan Worlds! We're very excited, but at the same time, there are some hurdles to overcome. Cyan Worlds is currently operating at a reduced capacity. We're not in a position where we have plenty of resources and people to bring MO back fast and furiously. But we've got a plan, and we'd like to run it past you - our fans and supporters.

Please realize that this roadmap is tentative and dynamic - but it's a starting point. There's no guarantee that we can accomplish all of these milestones, but they are something to discuss, adjust, and shoot for. We also need to mention that the roadmap below will most likely involve some minimal subscriber fees - something along the lines of $25 (US) for six months. (That number is subject to change.) We are not trying to make any money on this at this stage - but we do need to cover some of the costs. (Additional fees may apply for future Cyan content, front-end shard ownership, etc.)

You should know that the roadmap does not involve any new content from Cyan at this time. The plan is to start to move the content creation - the "Art" - to you. In addition the guilds themselves will start to exercise some authority in writing, monitoring, approving, communicating, etc.

For now, please watch and participate in the mystonline.com forum http://www.mystonline.com/forums/index.php This will be a good place to find updates - as well as through the Guild of Messengers and their affiliates http://www.guildofmessengers.com Also, consider joining one of the Guilds.

And because we felt like we all needed a little levity to combat the crazy whiplash of the continuing death and resurrection of Myst Online, we've decided to temporarily name the resurrection plan - Myst Online: Restoration Experiment (MORE) as in "We want MORE!"

Thanks again for so much support!

The MORE team

Also:

Cyan understands that the above letter will still leave many in the community with questions - perhaps even more questions than you've had since the announcement of the rights issue was first published in Tom Sowa's article in the Spokesman Review TXT blog. (News of that announcement is spreading throughout gaming publications quickly - just today, the story was picked up by Kotaku, Massively, and Next Generation.) The Guild of Messengers is working with Cyan on a way to answer those questions. Stay tuned for MORE news!
Messenger Szark
"I'm still trying to find the plKey for Crud!"
Blender Age Creation Tutorials
3DS Max Age Creation Tutorials
andylegate

Postby Kierra » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:46 pm

YYYYYYYYYYYEEEESSSSSS!!! *pumps fist in the air enthusiastically*

Alright fellow Writers! Lets get cracking and show them they made the right choice!!

~Kia
Kierra

Postby Tyion » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:53 pm

To new Worlds! and the shinyness they will bring! :)
Tyion

Postby Jamey » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:44 pm

YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LET'S SHOW CYAN AND EVERYONE HOW AWESOME WE WRITERS ARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
KI#46415
Jamey

Postby BAD » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:54 pm

I moved this topic but by all means enjoy yourselves!!!

Yay!
BAD is as good as he gets
BAD

Postby groath » Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:22 pm

im back!! ive been lazy on blender... now i may have a jump start at it..

also WERE BACKA BABY!! i cried when i read that!! honestly i did at 2 in the morning i read that and cried.. im soooo happy !!

whhoooooooooo!!!!

gigles like a school girl..

goes and dust off his blender books
groath

Return to Off-Topic Discussion