Questions you'd like answered at tomorrows press conference

Anything that isn't directly related to Age Creation but that might be interesting to Age developers.

Questions you'd like answered at tomorrows press conference

Postby Grogyan » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:15 pm

I have a few questions that i'd like to be asked, and i'm sure you guys too would have some questions of your own.

Once we have a bunch of questions to be asked it'll be easier on Cyan to respond to them rather than them dodging the volley of questions

I'll post my questions soon, but as of right now, I gotta go run, got indoor rock climbing on tonight

- Will we be able to modify game files to alter their purpose, eg making it so marker games can be saved to Hard disk?
- Any plans to allow the GoW to extend Ae'Gura?
- Not a question, thanks for being able to judge Shells in the RAD contest, question, I assume you got my email about requesting to be on the panel?
- Do you have any comments about Rapid Age Development or similar contests?
- Will you be able to provide a patch that will allow online content to be played offline, so that we can develop and test Ages on stand alone PC's?
- Would you consider making an Age or two or areas utilizing the PyPrp plugin for Blender?
- Would you have any spare time to have a seperate meeting and discussion with the Guild of Writers after this one?
Last edited by Grogyan on Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Grogyan

Re: Questions you'd like answered at tomorrows press conference

Postby Chacal » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:26 pm

I won't be able to make it tomorrow, and anyway a chat session for the general population is bound to be chaotic. My questions are:

- Will Cyan come to a specific chat Q&A session with the GoW?
- What about testing new Ages? Will there be some kind of off-line game for that, or will we need a full on-line server for testing?
I'm talking about unit testing during the whole Age development, not acceptance testing such as what the maintainers will do.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby ardent red » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:55 pm

I'd like to know about the international support (I'm a kiwi)- MOUL was a blast (some of you may have met me there, my avatar was called Seltahn), it would be a shame not to be able to rejoin because it's US only. I understand it'll be a bit like UU, was that international (I never knew about it, sadly)?

Question

-What are the plans regarding international support, will people outside of the US and Canada be able to play?

EDIT: (forgot to add a question, only hinted at one XD)
ardent red

Postby Nadnerb » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:53 pm

UU was completely international, possibly because there wasn't really any billing involved. Since Cyan has stated there will be some sort of subscription charge for MORE this may or may not still be the case.
Live KI: 34914 MOULa KI: 23247 Gehn KI: 11588 Available Ages: TunnelDemo3, BoxAge, Odema
Nadnerb

Postby Grogyan » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:04 am

At midnight, NZ time i'll post these questions to Marten of the Guild of Messengers as well as the MORE forum, so please ask more questions if you don't think you'll be able to make it
Grogyan

Postby Grogyan » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:09 am

I physically can't stay awake any longer so i'm gonna post this over to Marten
Grogyan

Postby theclam » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:17 am

For the record, there is a similar thread on the official MO forums here.

My questions:

Does Cyan have any demographic goals, outside of the current fanbase, for MORE?

What would Cyan consider acceptable advertising for MORE? Are there any situational limits?

Are alternate reality games - of a form similar to the Preafter spiral hunt - considered by Cyan to be fan advertising, or fan content? Can ARGS be used in lieu of fan ages while the technical side of fan ages is being worked on?

Does Cyan have any goals for fan content in MORE? In a choice between fans broadening the scope of the D'ni story, or fans broadening the scope of MO's gameplay, which would Cyan stress?
theclam

Postby Aloys » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:04 am

We're bound to have many Writers/UCC related questions, so it might be a good idea to indeed try and set up a Q&A or something similar with Cyan after this one Q&A. Along the same line maybe we should try not to ask too many questions (especially 'technical' questions, as vague as it is), because we'll probably have tons of them and we might end up easily monopolize the whole thing. Just my opinion.
(I wish Marten good luck moderating this, as I have a itching feeling that with all the enthusiasm this chat will be a complete free-for-all and a nice mess. :) )
Aloys

Postby belford » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:59 am

(In fact it was very well-behaved, with only a couple of noisy spots in two solid hours of Q&A. Nice!)
belford

Postby Nek'rahm » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:05 pm

Aloys wrote:We're bound to have many Writers/UCC related questions, so it might be a good idea to indeed try and set up a Q&A or something similar with Cyan after this one Q&A. Along the same line maybe we should try not to ask too many questions (especially 'technical' questions, as vague as it is), because we'll probably have tons of them and we might end up easily monopolize the whole thing. Just my opinion.
(I wish Marten good luck moderating this, as I have a itching feeling that with all the enthusiasm this chat will be a complete free-for-all and a nice mess. :) )

I agree fully.

Perhaps set a topic here in the forums as well, pinned in every section so that anyone can easily access a quick list of Q&A information that Cyan has responded to and left clear answers (?) about.
Nek'rahm

Return to Off-Topic Discussion