Would something from M.C. Escher be possible?

Anything that isn't directly related to Age Creation but that might be interesting to Age developers.

Would something from M.C. Escher be possible?

Postby Karkadann » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:56 pm

Something I always wanted to see in Uru Live is one of his drawing called Relativity a 1953 Lithograph not knowing much about age creation I wonder if the gravity could be manipulated to accommodate the stairs and rooms. Is something like this possible?

he has some realy unusual stuff that might be worth checking out.
Last edited by Karkadann on Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Re: Would something from M.C. Escher be possible?

Postby Tweek » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:14 pm

Yep, with some tinkering with boundaries and stuff it's possible to have a several points of gravity, I've been experimenting with it for an illicit Age I've been working on.

Someone posted an example of the concept ages ago but I can't remember who, might have been D'Lanor.
Beneath - IC Blog.
Beneath: Ages of Tweek - FB Age Dev Page.
Tweek

Postby D'Lanor » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:03 pm

The concept can be downloaded from this post.
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Postby Tweek » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:45 pm

That's the one thanks D'lanor.
Beneath - IC Blog.
Beneath: Ages of Tweek - FB Age Dev Page.
Tweek

Postby Karkadann » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:40 pm

Cool so it is possible, all I havta do know is figure out that blender stuff, or if I dig out my autocad books, any way just brainstorming for now
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Postby Charura » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:19 pm

I like the name, first of all...fits right in to the whole scheme of things here...

The concept can be downloaded from this post.

I luv a guy that points "over there"

I think the avatar has to enter the subworld in the same horizontal position it has in the main age. Then you can turn over the subworld and the avatar plus its camera should rotate along with it.

Has this 'thinking' been tried?
Gehn Shard avvies: charura 10827 chickopee 142711 cannon belle 144577 char gearz 149794 teri dactyl 153077
Moul(a) Charura 55400 Chickopee 20089892 Cannon Belle 13686512 Char Gearz 706359 Teri Dactyl 12658065
Charura

Postby diafero » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:15 am

I am a big fan of Escher, and it'd be absolutely amazing to see anything similar come to live in Uru (actually it might even drag my father to Uru - he once said something along these lines :lol: . I'm afraid I hardly know anything about Blender, but if there's anything I could do to help you, please let me know :)

My favourite one from him is this:
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby D'Lanor » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:04 am

Charura wrote:
I think the avatar has to enter the subworld in the same horizontal position it has in the main age. Then you can turn over the subworld and the avatar plus its camera should rotate along with it.

Has this 'thinking' been tried?

Not by me. And as Grogyan pointed out it would probably be easier to use camera regions and replace the avatar cam with a custom camera (assuming that other camera types in Uru don't have the same problem with being upside down).
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Postby Corvus » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:01 am

@diafero: I love that one too. Somewhere among my blender files is one where I started to make an age inspired by it...

Maybe I should give it a chance.
"To regard the imagination as metaphysics is to think of it as part of life, and to think of it as part of life is to realize the extent of artifice. We live in the mind."

-Wallace Stevens-
Corvus

Postby diafero » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:23 am

Corvus wrote:@diafero: I love that one too. Somewhere among my blender files is one where I started to make an age inspired by it...

Maybe I should give it a chance.

That'd be awesome :)
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Next

Return to Off-Topic Discussion