UAM Shard Bug Thread, found a bug post um here

Anything that isn't directly related to Age Creation but that might be interesting to Age developers.

UAM Shard Bug Thread, found a bug post um here

Postby Karkadann » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:19 pm

Just a little something to help work out the Kinks.

The only ones I noticed is a slow download for the ages I visit for the first time, although I am not sure which end that is on.
Also a few bugs in Teledahn, the first one I noticed was the bucket will not drop you out at the end of the ride.
and at first the Gun to shatter the counter wights for the ladder did not work until I restarted the program.

I have been using spawn point and the jump features to get around them.
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Re: UAM Shard Bug Thread, found a bug post um here

Postby andylegate » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:20 am

The random footsteps soundfx dropping out, but that's a well known Alcugs problem.
"I'm still trying to find the plKey for Crud!"
Blender Age Creation Tutorials
3DS Max Age Creation Tutorials
andylegate

Postby Wamduskasapa » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:30 am

Since I am unable to utilize the Neighborhood (see errors below) to get to Eder Delin or Eder Tsogal even after downloading everything from online I attempted to use Andy's Nexus as you can see the game does not allow that unless you obtain the link from the neighborhood first.

Neighborhood Errors
Image Image Image For a larger view click the thumbnail

Andys Nexus Errors
Image Image For a larger view click the thumbnail
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby ddb174 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:37 am

2 Bugs solved! Fero discovered the cause of the rare Hood crashes, as being caused by conflicting page names. The bug with not being able to link to some Moul Ages (saying they were not installed) has been fixed also. I've made a wiki page with this info here: http://alcugs.almlys.org/Uam/Shard/Troubleshooting
ddb174

Postby Wamduskasapa » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:46 am

Heres another one - Now that the Neighborhood is available I finished up the Markers, BUT The Great Zero Will not activate
Wamduskasapa

Postby ddb174 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:42 pm

I think that's by design in the Offline-KI. Online it does that to avoid some other problem. (Perhaps because the GreatZero was Hood instanced on Cyan's shards, but public on Alcugs?) But it can be turned on manually, using VaultManager.
ddb174

Postby Chacal » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:47 pm

Not a bug, but a bad setting in Vaultmanager: no Quabs or crystal trees in my Ahnonay.
When I first linked in, I saw the trees for a fraction of a second then they disappeared.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby Karkadann » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:17 pm

After I finished the first four ages, I returned the Barho polls, every thing worked OK exept the a few problems in Teledahn. When I jumped in to the cleft in my Relto, the first time I ended up back in my Relto Hut. The second time I managed to get to the Cleft age, entered the image's into the Imager puzzle listened to Yesha's message, linked to the Rainy cleft, and Yesha's message in the Rainy Cleft age was gone. My AV was frozen for the length of time the message took, but my av started to act a bit weird. I had to press F1 a couple of time to make it visible. The Barho on the top of the Volcano where their but when I started setting up the Cloths for the Easter Egg, linking from place to place I had the same problem, pressing F1 to become viable. eventually I froze with my hand on the Relto book and then got a Crash detection message. Kinda interesting and frustrating at the same time.

If everything works tomorrow Im gonna try the Easter Egg.

Im still Using Uru CC and the Until Uru Patch and nothing else besides Camp Bravo daytime
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Postby Wamduskasapa » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:48 am

The Neighborhood linking book no longer has the Balcony linking page and no matter how many times I visit Eder Gira and use the linking tablet I am unable to add it
Wamduskasapa

Postby diafero » Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:40 am

- GreatZero never activated by explorers' actions on a Shard, and it wouldn't make much sense either, since it can be activated only once
- Ahnonay quabs and trees are disabled because the are horribly broken online
- I have no clue why the hood linking image to the balcony is missing, but it's an old known problem on Alcugs Shards
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Next

Return to Off-Topic Discussion