The PlasmaClient Thread

Anything that isn't directly related to Age Creation but that might be interesting to Age developers.

Re: The PlasmaClient Thread

Postby Branan » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:49 pm

Two announcements to make:

Thank you all for your support so far. Hopefully with this release we're taking a big step towards
Your friendly neighborhood shard admin
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby diafero » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:14 am

Is there an equivalent of the graphics settings tool for Linux? Or at least some documentation about which config files to edit where?
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Branan » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:12 am

it will read a normal plasma graphics file in
Code: Select all
~/.config/Uru Live/Init/graphics.ini
You can copy one from CyanPlasma and edit it with PlasmaShop as-needed. Paradox is working on a nice cross-platform launcher with built-in config editors, hopefully we can switch to that soon for all platforms.
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Branan » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:26 am

It's been a while since I've posted here, and since I know some people don't read the MOUL forums:

Major graphical improvements all around. Probably a new release at the next All Guilds' Meeting. New screenshots on the website gallery coming soon (this afternoon).
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby diafero » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:50 am

Last time I tried it complained the server "default" was not found.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Branan » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:12 am

yeah, that's a brand-new change, and of course since the "build from source" documentation is horribly incomplete it's not mentioned anywhere (macports and the upcoming updated windows installer handle it fine).

run "make default_ini" and then copy default.ini into ~/.config/Uru Live/servers/. You only have to do it once, and it means that PC now supports connecting to different servers quite easily.
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby diafero » Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:13 am

Thanks, that did it :)
(I used the file from win32dist, assuming it is the same)

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Branan » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:00 pm

Yeah, it's the same file. Some people have trouble running 'make default_ini' on windows with libHSPlasma not being on the system path (it's needed for encrypting the file), so I added it to the repo.
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Branan » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:03 pm

PlamaClient has a (semi-)new home! http://plasmaclient.info
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Branan » Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:45 pm

oh noes, I'm triple-posting

I'm sorry my demonstration at the All guilds Meeting didn't work correctly. Good thing we had Paradox and Rainbow around :)

The windows version of Plasmaclient 0.0.2 is available at http://plasmaclient.info/download.php. Mac users can upgrade through Macports, and Linux users still have to build from source.

Important Features:
  • Lots of graphical improvements!
  • Server connectivity. Basic avatar motion and age chat WORK. Try it out in your Neighborhood :). If you need help getting a secondary account to share your same neighborhood so you can play with it, let me know and I can help :)
  • Linking to the City (Ae'Gura) is disabled in this release. Because PlasmaClient connects to the servers now, I decided it was better to keep it isolated from such a public area until it has better support for network features - I don't want to break anything.
  • All sorts of bugfixes and little changes across the entire program... too many to list
  • This release still doesn't write to your vault, so it's still safe to use with your primary account/avatar.
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Discussion