Big Screen TV and Your Laptop

Anything that isn't directly related to Age Creation but that might be interesting to Age developers.

Big Screen TV and Your Laptop

Postby Wamduskasapa » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:53 am

OK I don't know how many people are aware of this BUT a lot of the New Laptops after 2009 now have HDMI outputs with Vista.

You ask just what this could possibly signify to you???
Well how does running your Laptop on a 52 inch Flat Screen sound??

I have been doing this for over a year now. It requires no special drivers and has no adverse effect on the laptop, and it is simple as all get out to setup. All that is required is a 15 FT (version 1.3) Triple Shielded Cable HDMI (male) to HDMI (male). Setup is extremely easy just plug one end of the cable into the laptop and the other end to the monitor.

Turn on the Laptop and the monitor.
On the monitor choose the correct input.
After the Laptop boots up Right click the Desktop
3rd choice from bottom select Graphics Options.
You will have several choices (Digital TV, Laptop, Both, or extended desktop)

That is all there is to it - sound now comes out of your BIG TV and Amp at a whopping 5.1 surround sound..

EDIT1: By the way the cable from my Monitor to my Amp is a THXI100-FO4NF THX Certified Toslink Fiber Optic Audio Cable (4 feet)

EDIT2: By the way they aslo make HDMI-Male to DVI-Male 25 FT / 7.6 M cable adapters. But this would mean running a Toslink Fiber Optic Audio Cable from your Laptop to your amp (for a Stereo output)...
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Return to Off-Topic Discussion