Ultra-low graphics mod for uru cc

Anything that isn't directly related to Age Creation but that might be interesting to Age developers.

Ultra-low graphics mod for uru cc

Postby Takku Petreya » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:28 pm

Looking for help in (hopefully) automating the extraction, 85-90% quality reduction, and repackaging of textures from uru cc.

Also if anyone could figure out how to take "overall quality" (meshes?) down similarly that would be bonus. I'm basically trying to find a way to load ages in the fastest possible way, even on older hardware.

Thanks!
Takku Petreya

Re: Ultra-low graphics mod for uru cc

Postby Sirius » Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:46 am

It depends... is it for playing the game, or just making tests in ages (=requiring lots of Uru re-starting) ? If you want it for playing, this would require Python or Java scripting. But I don't know how to do it.

If you just want to have CC ages loading fast for tests without really playing it, you can try to delete the "[age]_District_Textures.prp" and update the checksums. It will be ugly, but should load faster. Another way is to edit the "[age].age" and remove the lines concerning parts of the age you don't want (ex: in Gahreesen, remove the whole Wall area and the exterior, but keep the well).
Sirius

Re: Ultra-low graphics mod for uru cc

Postby Takku Petreya » Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:38 pm

Good info, thanks. The intention was for playing. I' ve played through the game once, and thought that this would be a pleasant way of revisiting.

I tried the "no texture" option, and surprisingly it didn't seem to affect my load time noticeably. I think in my case the major issue is gpu and polygons. I'm gonna try age element removal.
Takku Petreya

Return to Off-Topic Discussion