Dead laptop

Anything that isn't directly related to Age Creation but that might be interesting to Age developers.

Re: Dead laptop

Postby Nanouk-GoW » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:20 pm

I had a similar bug a few weeks ago with my newer desktop and a widescreen ASUS monitor.

After moving the monitor for a cleaning job, I got a black screen after re-booting my computer.

Because that monitor came with only very limited installation instructions, I was not aware of an input button menu for the input signals at the left of the power button. (under the screen)

I must have hit that button while moving the monitor(in sleep mode) before disconnecting it. After searching the net with my old computer, I found a post suggesting slowly going through all the input settings until the screen would "light up".

And yes, the signal input had been moved from DVI to HDMI.

Got my screen back when passing over the setting " DVI input ".

Do laptops have a similar input signals button ?
Nanouk-GoW

Postby ZURI » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:52 pm

Well, no, not exactly... unless you have HDMI output. As a general rule, the internal (onboard display) and external display work just like the graphics on a desktop. Only major difference is having hotkeys to switch between internal and external output (without booting to the operating system to toggle between them.) In your particular situation, the monitor itself (just like many newer televisions) allows you to choose between inputs.
MOULagain KI: 45001
ZURI

Postby Nanouk-GoW » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:44 pm

ZURI wrote:Well, no, not exactly... unless you have HDMI output. As a general rule, the internal (onboard display) and external display work just like the graphics on a desktop. Only major difference is having hotkeys to switch between internal and external output (without booting to the operating system to toggle between them.) In your particular situation, the monitor itself (just like many newer televisions) allows you to choose between inputs.

Thank you for the clarification ZURI. Image

Btw, if Aloys has a HP pavillion dv4 laptop screen problem, it would be a good idea to read the posts at this link...
http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-systems-and/pavillion-dv4-laptop-screen-problem/td-p/276552

or try a Google search for his laptop model - screen bug. :lol:
Nanouk-GoW

Previous

Return to Off-Topic Discussion