Er'cana Harvester

Anything that isn't directly related to Age Creation but that might be interesting to Age developers.

Re: Er'cana Harvester

Postby johnsojc » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:26 pm

Thanks for the tip on where to find that loose wire in the harvester. I managed to get my cutter wings to work in my PotS Er'cana. I remember them working once long ago and am now happy to have them functional once again. I did notice that the lever remains locked until you flip the travel direction lever to forward motion.
johnsojc

Postby janaba » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:00 pm

johnsojc wrote:Thanks for the tip on where to find that loose wire in the harvester. I managed to get my cutter wings to work in my PotS Er'cana. I remember them working once long ago and am now happy to have them functional once again. I did notice that the lever remains locked until you flip the travel direction lever to forward motion.

YW, johnsojc, I know how good that feels, having your wings back lol ... /cheer :D ... and you're right as of the locked lever, but that is only
the case at the place of departure, as I understand it where there is no way to go more back anyway, so there must be a way to move in any
direction, as when you're anywhere at any point of the rail you can stop or move forward or backward and raising and lowering the wings at
the same time as you like ... :)
janaba

Postby johnsojc » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:23 pm

Now I have wings and a Linux server (with the massive headache to prove it). My only progress toward dirtsand is updating the installed packages and configuring grub to start Windows by default (for the rest of the family...). Maybe I'll just go lower my harvester wings and cut up some plants to make more pellet gruel.
johnsojc

Postby janaba » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:19 am

Did you see my last post on the previus page, Deledrius, where I've posted and linked to an awesome, extensive
description of the pellet production process? I'm just wondering as the page turned immediately by further posts ... :P
janaba

Postby Sirius » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:10 am

Glad to hear you could get it working :)

johnsojc wrote:I did notice that the lever remains locked until you flip the travel direction lever to forward motion.
Yeah, the script managing it is not really correct... IIRC it considers both levers are off if the direction lever is not correctly set (which is wrong for the wing lever).

janaba wrote:I just googled for it and found a very nice, extensive and though hypothetical yet reasonable
sounding description of the whole process of pellet production as it could have been processed back then at MYSTlore
Yes, that's the same link as in my first post (I guess you didn't see it :P). It is a very complete description of the factory, the number of details Cyan put in this Age is quite incredible.
I just wish they had more time to actually make the plants cut-able and let us repower the whole factory... Some Uru Ages look so botched.
Sirius

Previous

Return to Off-Topic Discussion