Rewarding

Anything that isn't directly related to Age Creation but that might be interesting to Age developers.

Rewarding

Postby andylegate » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:12 am

There is just something about getting one of Cyan's Ages imported into Max that I find really rewarding. Not exactly sure why. Maybe it's the tedious work of getting the prp's imported to blender, the notebooks filled with my notes on what textures go in what material, in what UV layer, then exporting stuff yet again to import in Max and then slowly build the materials again, and fix/adjust any UV mapping......

I guess it's just like putting together one of those 3000 piece jigsaw puzzles! :D

The beauty of it is, from here I can take it anywhere: back into Plasma with my own personal touches and changes with Cyan's plugin, or take this world into a completely different game engine like Unreal, CE or Unity, just for the fun of it and to see the differences, improvements, or just for the sake of learning how to do things differently........

Teledahn is next.... meaning, I'll most likely be busy for months, since Eder Kemo here took me about 2 weeks to do, heheheheheheh. :D
"I'm still trying to find the plKey for Crud!"
Blender Age Creation Tutorials
3DS Max Age Creation Tutorials
andylegate

Re: Rewarding

Postby Rabenschwinge » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:28 am

Very Impressive! How long did it take to do Kemo? :)
I can only imagine how much work this is - I would NEVER try anything like that, am not patient enough ^^
Rabenschwinge

Postby Chacal » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:35 am

Congrats!
Back in the days when we could easily but very partially import Ages into Blender, I remember spending hours scrutinizing Cyan's work. That gave me the idea of adding colliders to the City. With what you can do now, sky is the limit!
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby andylegate » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:57 am

@Rabenschwinge:

Let's see, I started on October 20th. I went and bought a new spiral notebook, and imported the Age into Blender that day. I just finished importing it all into Max and getting the materials with textures set correctly this morning. So about 15 days. But that's just Meshes and textures. There is no wiring, regions, triggers, any of that set up, heh.

Tedious? Yes. More tedious than making something of your own from scratch? Not sure about that, I mean all of the objects, textures have been made by others when you do what I'm doing here. From scratch, you have to make all your own stuff, heheh.
"I'm still trying to find the plKey for Crud!"
Blender Age Creation Tutorials
3DS Max Age Creation Tutorials
andylegate

Return to Off-Topic Discussion