Yay! I Finally Have Time!

Anything that isn't directly related to Age Creation but that might be interesting to Age developers.

Re: Yay! I Finally Have Time!

Postby Rabenschwinge » Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:37 am

I agree, it´s sad to see how many leave at the moment... I´d have a question for you: when the new tools are ready, when new content is coming, will you come back?

As for me: I´m not leaving. Can´t. Tried some times and failed doing so miserably. I´m clearly stuck to URU for the next decades, and will wait how long it may take until I finally can make MOUL ages with Blender :)
Until then...
Rabenschwinge

Postby kaelisebonrai » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:58 pm

No, there are better games, better tools, better communities out there.
I (personally) will be enjoying my freedom to mod as a I wish. In a community where the developers (and the players (*gasp*)), to some degree, encourage such things.

There are communities out there, where modifying the original content makes you a great person, if you improve it - not a horrible monster. There are communities where modders are thanked for their alterations, their additions, their new content - not reviled for them.
kaelisebonrai

Postby Trekluver » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:02 pm

Wow! Andy and Tomala leaving too... And just when the Guild of Greeters was being rebooted! :cry: I'll miss you guys; please stop by every now and then and say hello. Tomala, I'll still watch your videos from time to time. ;) Andy, I want to see you do a Uru worthy Portal 2 mod: five or ten chambers. That's a challenge and you better take me up on it. :D Be safe guys.
TOC#60089 DI#132103 MOULa is Image
Trekluver

Postby Tomala » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:36 pm

Trekluver wrote:Wow! Andy and Tomala leaving too... And just when the Guild of Greeters was being rebooted! :cry: I'll miss you guys; please stop by every now and then and say hello. Tomala, I'll still watch your videos from time to time. ;) Andy, I want to see you do a Uru worthy Portal 2 mod: five or ten chambers. That's a challenge and you better take me up on it. :D Be safe guys.

Ummm... You did read what I wrote, right? ;)
Tomala

Postby Trekluver » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:29 am

Tomala wrote:
Trekluver wrote:Wow! Andy and Tomala leaving too... And just when the Guild of Greeters was being rebooted! :cry: I'll miss you guys; please stop by every now and then and say hello. Tomala, I'll still watch your videos from time to time. ;) Andy, I want to see you do a Uru worthy Portal 2 mod: five or ten chambers. That's a challenge and you better take me up on it. :D Be safe guys.

Ummm... You did read what I wrote, right? ;)

Hum... Oops. Hope that coffee tastes good! :lol:
TOC#60089 DI#132103 MOULa is Image
Trekluver

Postby Chacal » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:33 am

Also there was cake.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby Sirius » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:09 pm

Chacal wrote:Also there was cake.
Only for good test subject who won't leave the game engine ;)

Anyway, I can understand why some people are leaving. AFAIK I think PRPs are an insane way to store 3D files and Plasma isn't a really flexible game engine. PyPRP doesn't have (yet) as many features as the Max exporter, and I can't afford Max anyway. Correcting a simple bug in a PRP wastes a LOT of time.
As for Fan-Ages: I like only a few of them (strange, most of them are Andy's Ages).
To tell the truth, I like Plasma mostly because of the Ages Cyan released on it and because I don't know any other game engine well enough to create new contents for it.

It's just my opinion though.
Sirius

Postby Tomala » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:37 pm

Chacal wrote:Also there was cake.

The cake was not a lie.
Tomala

Postby Egon » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:33 am

andylegate wrote:That's how I'm saying goodbye.

Wow, that's sad.
Thank You Andy for all the great materials You have made (tutorials, ages etc.).
I'm sure most (if not whole) community will miss You very much.
Egon #2052375
Who You gonna call? Guild of Doorcallers! #5356672
Eder Tsogal/Delin Marathon
Egon

Previous

Return to Off-Topic Discussion