Nothing new

Anything that isn't directly related to Age Creation but that might be interesting to Age developers.

Re: Nothing new

Postby Calena » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:36 pm

Annabelle - I just caught that you have 81 avatars on MOULa. Does that mean that there are actually only one or two people there and everyone else is you? :lol:

And to keep this on topic, I agree with Annabelle.
Galatians 2: 20-21

"Don't mess with me today. I have my CAPS LOCK key and I know how to use it!"
Calena

Postby cw014 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:35 pm

To Annabelle and Calena: I'm understand that peoples try to make something... Something new... Something insteresting... Many thanx to their work... But compare age, maded by someone, and age, maded by Cyan...

Look at Ahnonay - do someone have an idea, rightmost to ahnonay? It's a story... Story, begins in a small world, that changes... And then we see, how this world changes... We see a small part in the beginning, and think that it's big, and then wee see a whole world an understands that it's is a small part...

Let's see a Great Zero calibration... It's long time story, and each other piece will bring a new understanding of current DRC work... It's have no solve, except a story line...

P.S. I don't like a comedy, I don't like theaters... I've started played WoW, Lineage, Battlefield... And only that make interest in me was URU. It's a great work, innovation that must never die...

P.P.S. I started to write a scenery for a new story... I made a thread in a forum for it

Forever yours, Crazy world
cw014

Postby diafero » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:28 am

Chuckles58 wrote:Diafero, I was suggesting that you keep an archive of them as additonal posts in the thread, so if I wanted to see if there were any ages in the last 6 months I hadn't visited yet. It would be helpful, but is just a suggestion.

Ah, that's what you meant. I see. I don't have the old data anymore, but I could start such an archive with the new year :D
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Annabelle » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:34 pm

After nearly a month, I see that you are doing your part in the URU Universe CW014. I read your story (post on GoW) and I read your posts on TOC MOUL forum.

Sorry for having thought you were just here for bashing us then close the doors behind you to go somewhere else like I saw many times in the past.

Cyan's ages are miles away from what Fan can make, they had at their times funds, programmers teams, etc. If we take an alpha fan that has very good knowledge at programmation they can come up with a nice product. Keep in mind though that they do it on their free time and they don't do that for a living.

Cyan's ages are not bugs free I can tell you (this is from a skydiver's perspective). I've talked many times to programmers and they told me that the coding was very "artistic" meaning it's a coding mess. They were paid to do those ages and they still have left many bugs and odd coding. Now if we compare with what an alpha fan can do, I think fans make overall nice products.

There is also a timeline to take into account. If you take ages that were made early (in 2007/2008) they were more beginners' ages. Most of the latest (2011) are very well made. The overall quality of the fan ages is increasing.

@ CW014, I think you can come with a nice age yourself but don't put your expectations too high. Like I said, programmers in this community are making the ages on their free time as hobbies.
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Tweek » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:23 pm

Was passing, figured I'd drop an image off of something from the Fahets update I've been tinkering with on and off.
Beneath - IC Blog.
Beneath: Ages of Tweek - FB Age Dev Page.
Tweek

Postby cw014 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:29 am

Maybe you're right and maybe there something insteresting in fan ages and stories. Will try it...
cw014

Postby J'Kla » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:11 am

J'Kla

Postby Karkadann » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:49 am

Show Spoiler
Last edited by Karkadann on Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Postby Rhee » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:30 pm

*whistle*

That whark juice must be worth a pretty penny. Same with the frog liquor. They ain't gonna make any more of that.

You ought to auction them off for...uh....charity...
MOULa 2.0: Rhee - 1544785 Gehn Shard: Rhee - 16214

No bahro were harmed or enslaved in the making of this Age.
Rhee

Postby ametist » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:56 am

Thanks for sharing these previews :)
Interesting new area from Fahets! Makes me turn into exploring -mode 8-)
And another labyrint from J'kla, guess one wants to have the backpack along in there ;)
Oh and those bottles, I have waited... :lol: , remember now the old expression 'Don't drink and link' !
ametist

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Discussion