Modifying Age files

Anything that isn't directly related to Age Creation but that might be interesting to Age developers.

Modifying Age files

Postby Annabelle » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:09 am

I've been doing researches recently with Plasmashop to see what was the issue with a SceneObject in Ae'gura.

There's 4 panic link regions in the city:

1) at the end of the Tokotah Alley: the scene object is called "PanicLinkRegion" inside District_courtyard.prp

2) inside the canyon near the cracks: the scene object is called "PanicLinkRegion" inside District_canyon.prp

3) around the bridge: the scene object is called "BridgePanicRegion" inside District_canyon.prp

4) between the library courtyard & the lakeshore area: the scene object is called "PanicLinkRegion" inside District_library.prp

As you can see, Cyan "brilliantly" named 3 out of 4 scene objects with the same exact name!

Using a command to remove a scene object only remove the first "PanicLinkRegion" which is the one in the canyon.

It's logical since the paging order in the file "city.age" is ... 15. canyon ... 24. courtyard ... 50. library.

The main issue is that once the command has found the "PanicLinkRegion" of the canyon, it stops there and don't consider the 2 next ones in the same age ("city").

I'm not familiar with license, GNU license, etc.

Would it be possible & LEGAL to invert the paging order in city.age without crashing the game? Would it be consider as being a new age so it would be forbidden? Are we allowed to do such thing on a private shard?

-----

The only workaround I found is to load in a remote age each prp in inverse order and disable its "PanicLinkRegion" before moving to the next. The issue is that I can't force my workaround in my other client (external client). If I do want to force it, I have to stick with the one found in District_canyon.prp only :( .

Ultimate goal: It is to have the "PanicLinkRegion" of the Library prp to be disable & force it into external client in the same age. THEORICALLY, that would be the only climb that an avatar on a normal client could be able to do given the slope angle. I can't test it. Using an internal built we have Gehn effect. So with those movements, I can climb pratically anywhere.

You might tell me...why don't you use the Great Stairs instead? Well, that would be to easy and more important those aren't part of my plans :).
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Re: Modifying Age files

Postby Deledrius » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:40 am

The .age files were released as part of the moul-scripts release. I'm not in front of it right now so I can't double-check, but I believe that whole package was released under the GPL, so if you need to reorder the pages and distribute that, it should be legal to do so. I know the individual files don't have the license in them...
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Annabelle » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:30 am

Thanks Deledrius :)

I didn't do like exactly what I told in my first post. There was a logic issue.

I did manage to do 2 things:

1) lure the game to get rid of the Panic Link Region of the Library Cliff & force the removal into my 2nd avatar :)

2) prove that indeed we can quite easily climb up the library cliff with a normal external client and WITHOUT combo & double jump :D

What I didn't manage yet is to do that in a remote age. So for now I'm stuck in my personal testing hood's city. I'm still going to retry though. I'm stubborn :lol:
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Christopher » Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:16 am

I don't know how cyan managed to export this age. Normally 3ds Max gives an error when you try to export more then one object with the same name...

Christopher
Christopher

Postby D'Lanor » Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:41 am

They are in different prp files though.
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Postby Annabelle » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:00 am

Oddly, I have to load the prp has if I didn't change its name although it's changed. Then I can run my command line to delete the right "PanicLinkRegion".

All this time I was using Plasmashop and I didn't know I had a python editor integrated in it :lol: .

You can call me the Python Charmer. At least, I can officially build working python scripts. They work like a charm. It's basic though. I don't know how to make a loop so if there's 3 command lines that have to be repeated ...well... they are repeated for the number of times I need them.
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Deledrius » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:14 am

I've seen this happen a lot. Ahnonay has some duplicate names too. (Again in separate PRPs, of course)

Annabelle wrote:I don't know how to make a loop so if there's 3 command lines that have to be repeated ...well... they are repeated for the number of times I need them.

http://docs.python.org/tutorial/control ... statements
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Annabelle » Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:23 pm

Thanks a lot Deledrius :)

I'll have a look on this later on this week. I returned to my quest edition. My priority is to close that 6th release before the end of the week then I'll be back on my new project which involves python scripts.

-----

For Ahnonay: Yes you're right, there's 2 "PanicLinkRegion" objects in that age one for the 2nd sphere, the 2nd one is inside the 3rd sphere. Logically, the one that we can get rid of is the one inside the 2nd sphere. But with my renaming workaround, we can manage to disable the one inside the 3rd sphere instead.

I'll conduct tests in Ahnonay to see the possibilities. There's way to levitate under the sphere like in the main sphere (island one) until...you hit the panic link zone in each of them. Removing them, theorically we should be able to levitate under the space & storm spheres.

In Sphere 4 (Kadish one), removing the panic zone & jumping in the right spot gives you access to the black transfer box below Kadish's Statue. It's about 1/6 of the statue's base so you might have to do some attempts to reach it.
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Return to Off-Topic Discussion