trouble running TOC

Anything that isn't directly related to Age Creation but that might be interesting to Age developers.

trouble running TOC

Postby karoh » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:06 am

shorah all, I need help with TOC. When I start TOC, I receive a message that says: Data\dat\Garrison_District.grsnPrison.prp,gz is missing. Then the download is stopped, and I can't get any further. I've tried downloading the Gehn Shard to help, but it didn't. I searched for the file and it looks like I have it in my computer. Can anyone help me?
karoh
karoh

Re: trouble running TOC

Postby Chuckles58 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:00 am

Here is a link to information about The Open Cave (TOC). http://the-open-cave.net/toc/index.php/en/
Image<----Click for info
Chuckles58

Postby Branan » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:17 am

Please don't ask for TOC support in the Gehn forum. We can't help you. If you really want to use the GoW forums, please post in off topic.

You might note that I moved the other TOC thread to General Discussion. My thought here is that "URU Ecosystem" questions can go in General Discussion, but specific support requests for non-GoW projects are Off Topic.
Your friendly neighborhood shard admin
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Christopher » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:32 am

Please post in the future in our forum, if you have probhlems with our server. If you use our forum search you can also find an answer to this problem.

Christopher
Christopher

Postby karoh » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:53 am

ok...since I've been told not to post here in such a non-friendly, strict way, I'm going to give all of you some advice. Not everyone on URU understands what shards are and what they're for. Remember that some of us are everyday people trying to keep up with you geniuses, and we don't always know what's going on. When we go to a cavern meeting, and hear people say" oh, you should join this shard!" it's difficult to figure out what they're talking about let alone the latest gaming options for uru. So, don't be offended when someone winds up here and shouldn't be here. We're just following advice given to us by well-meaning players . You really need to post an explaination of your shard and it's purpose. Maybe some links to other shards or forums that might be a better option. As far as posting a toc problem, I have been trying to find a link for the past month and no one has been able to give me any help until now. Information needs to be made available for these things. Perhaps putting a town crier to work? you decide...you know more than I do...
karoh

Postby Deledrius » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:29 am

karoh wrote:ok...since I've been told not to post here in such a non-friendly, strict way, I'm going to give all of you some advice. Not everyone on URU understands what shards are and what they're for.

No one's telling you not to post here (on GoW). You made this thread in the wrong forum, and it was moved with an explanation why. Try not assuming malice when a mistake is corrected.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby karoh » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:32 am

My apologies. Your typed words seemed a bit harsh. I just need a finger pointing in the right direction sometimes... ;) Luna was a great help and sent me a link to an article that explained a lot. So, I hope to upload everything and enjoy some wonderfully written ages soon! If I have any questions, are they posted in the general discussion thread?
karoh
karoh

Postby Christopher » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:42 am

If it's a question regarding Uru ... yes. If it's a question regarding the TOC, use our forum or post it in "Off Topic".

Christopher
Christopher

Postby karoh » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:35 am

shorah all, this is an off-topic note to everyone. I feel that I need to apologise to everyone for my larger post in this thread. I was frustrated and very rude and I'm sorry if I offended anyone. I really do respect all of you and your gifts of writing. I think anyone who can work create shards and ages as well as programming is very talented and deserves great respect. It was my fault that I didn't have the correct information about the shards. I should have seen the article sooner. I'm not sure how I missed it! :oops: To my embarrassment, I have no idea how to set up the shard ages, but Heart has agreed to help walk me through it. Sorry for my ignorance. I'm just a simple player who's a bit out of her league. Please have patience with me? ;)
karoh
p.s. may I suggest that a link to Luna's article be placed in the introduction thread in case anyone else might need the help?
karoh

Return to Off-Topic Discussion