Rabbit t-shirt to be ported in other shards

Anything that isn't directly related to Age Creation but that might be interesting to Age developers.

Re: Rabbit t-shirt to be ported in other shards

Postby Christian Walther » Sun May 06, 2012 2:11 pm

Can additional clothing items, or additional textures for the existing items like the t-shirt (I didn’t even think of that possibility yesterday), be added without modifying Cyan’s PRPs? If so, they could be one of the easiest types of fan-created content to integrate, and judging from the response at the AGM yesterday could be a big hit on MOULa.
Christian Walther

Postby Branan » Sun May 06, 2012 3:07 pm

They can be added, but it involves working with the max files we still don't have licenses for.
Your friendly neighborhood shard admin
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Wamduskasapa » Sun May 06, 2012 4:13 pm

Branan wrote:They can be added, but it involves working with the max files we still don't have licenses for.

If we do not have the license to modify those file, I will hold off on my request for a Native American Headdress..
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby GPNMilano » Sun May 06, 2012 8:56 pm

Branan wrote:They can be added, but it involves working with the max files we still don't have licenses for.

This seems to be a popular misconception in regards to new clothing. Any additional clothing can be created without the use of Cyan's Max files. It's possible. I've done it. The max files are useful to making changes to existing clothing already in MOULa. But they're not required to make new clothing.
You can't stop the truth. IC Blog
GPNMilano

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sun May 06, 2012 9:00 pm

GPNMilano wrote:

This seems to be a popular misconception in regards to new clothing. Any additional clothing can be created without the use of Cyan's Max files. It's possible. I've done it. The max files are useful to making changes to existing clothing already in MOULa. But they're not required to make new clothing.

No, they're not... but what about when the PRP format changes? It's nice to have an automated way of producing the clothing ;) I know I'd rather not re-do it all by hand each time something changes.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Deledrius » Sun May 06, 2012 9:37 pm

Tsar Hoikas wrote:
GPNMilano wrote:

No, they're not... but what about when the PRP format changes? It's nice to have an automated way of producing the clothing ;) I know I'd rather not re-do it all by hand each time something changes.

Worst case: PRCDC -> PRCC?
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby GPNMilano » Sun May 06, 2012 9:46 pm

Tsar Hoikas wrote:
GPNMilano wrote:

As long as we're able to compile a reliable 3dsMax plugin with the client, then that plugin can export new clothing. Even without using the 3dsMax files that were given to us by Cyan. I was able to create clothing with it BEFORE cyan gave us the Avatar assets. the only issue I had was how to make the morphseqs in Max. That information came from the avatar documentation.
You can't stop the truth. IC Blog
GPNMilano

Postby Christopher » Mon May 07, 2012 4:27 am

Paradox wrote:I thought I had read something about TOC holding a T-Shirt design contest. I'd be interested in seeing what sort of submissions they got, and whether they could be incorporated into Gehn.

We are not making a contest. We said "If someone want to make a t-shirt for our sevrer, you can send us the texture and we are exporting the clothing". If Gehn want to have these T-Shirts (and the Chinese Hat I made) and the makers of the textures are agree with it, we can share our PRP.

Christopher
Christopher

Postby Wamduskasapa » Mon May 07, 2012 8:23 am

Here are the War Bonnet Textures, including the UFO file for the tutorial At http://www.vickig.net/tutorials/bonnet/index.html on drawing a 3D War Bonnet.
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby janaba » Mon May 07, 2012 8:52 am

Awesome ... so there's your challenge, GPNMilano and/or Christopher or anyone else feeling so inclined ... Can't wait to see this ... :D
janaba

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Discussion