Rabbit t-shirt to be ported in other shards

Anything that isn't directly related to Age Creation but that might be interesting to Age developers.

Re: Rabbit t-shirt to be ported in other shards

Postby GPNMilano » Mon May 07, 2012 1:09 pm

Wamduskasapa wrote:Here are the War Bonnet Textures, including the UFO file for the tutorial At http://www.vickig.net/tutorials/bonnet/index.html on drawing a 3D War Bonnet.

Thanks for the textures and the tutorial Wamduskasapa. I have the next two days off so, was going to devote most of that free time to my Uru related stuff so I'll see what I can't come up with.
You can't stop the truth. IC Blog
GPNMilano

Postby Wamduskasapa » Mon May 07, 2012 1:40 pm

GPNMilano wrote:
Wamduskasapa wrote:Here are the War Bonnet Textures, including the UFO file for the tutorial At http://www.vickig.net/tutorials/bonnet/index.html on drawing a 3D War Bonnet.

Thanks for the textures and the tutorial Wamduskasapa. I have the next two days off so, was going to devote most of that free time to my Uru related stuff so I'll see what I can't come up with.

Remembering what you have created before and Knowing your capabilities I await your creation with great anticipation.
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby GPNMilano » Mon May 07, 2012 1:46 pm

I was just checkng out the tutorial and reading the other thread on this subject you made Wam. I'm thinking I generally like the idea of having the Bonnet be comprised of thirteen feathers corresponding with the 13 we collect within Uru. The bonnet being a reward once you've collected all 13 feathers. Would this be okay with you?

EDIT: I should clarify that the bonnet itself would have more than thirteen feathers obviously, but however the feathers and the colors of them would be comprised of the thirteen that are described within Uru.
Last edited by GPNMilano on Mon May 07, 2012 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GPNMilano

Postby Wamduskasapa » Mon May 07, 2012 1:56 pm

Yes But I have no Idea of where to obtain textures for a couple of those feathers...
Wamduskasapa

Postby GPNMilano » Mon May 07, 2012 1:58 pm

I think
Show Spoiler
GPNMilano

Postby Wamduskasapa » Mon May 07, 2012 2:04 pm

I was thinking maybe a Colden Condor Feather for the missing one..
Let me do some research and I will attempt to find more textures...

EDIT1: After looking at several different bird Plumage. I have decided that it would be best to stay with the current textures.
Mainly because Native American Custom will not allow the placement of more than 4 animals within one headdress.
To check out the wisdom of the animal kingdom visit this site
EDIT2 & 3: Spelling
Last edited by Wamduskasapa on Mon May 07, 2012 2:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Wamduskasapa

Postby janaba » Mon May 07, 2012 2:35 pm

Wow!!! How wonderful!!! Thank you, GPNMilano, that sounds all very promising ... :)
janaba

Postby Wamduskasapa » Mon May 07, 2012 3:04 pm

BTW - By custom there are normally 28 feathers (one for each day of the month) within the main Headdress, with the remainder of the awarded feathers attached to one or 2 tails that go down the individuals back.
Wamduskasapa

Postby kaelisebonrai » Tue May 22, 2012 12:59 am

GPNMilano wrote:
As long as we're able to compile a reliable 3dsMax plugin with the client, then that plugin can export new clothing. Even without using the 3dsMax files that were given to us by Cyan. I was able to create clothing with it BEFORE cyan gave us the Avatar assets. the only issue I had was how to make the morphseqs in Max. That information came from the avatar documentation.

You and I both know that's bullshit Chloe - you /had/ the files from Andy before any of the rest of us did. I was discussing how you managed to get clothing working (with you) while you were experimenting with that.
kaelisebonrai

Postby GPNMilano » Tue May 22, 2012 1:38 pm

kaelisebonrai wrote:
GPNMilano wrote:
As long as we're able to compile a reliable 3dsMax plugin with the client, then that plugin can export new clothing. Even without using the 3dsMax files that were given to us by Cyan. I was able to create clothing with it BEFORE cyan gave us the Avatar assets. the only issue I had was how to make the morphseqs in Max. That information came from the avatar documentation.

You and I both know that's bullshit Chloe - you /had/ the files from Andy before any of the rest of us did. I was discussing how you managed to get clothing working (with you) while you were experimenting with that.

Kaelis, I'll refer you to do a simple search history of this forum and you'll find that I started working on making clothing WAY back when the plugin first was released LONG before Andy or I had the clothing. I'd be more than happy to share some of the pictures from those experiments, as they're probably buried in those early posts from years ago. As I said my issue was with how to get the morph sequences right. Paradox then shared the avatar documentation to point me in the right direction to clean up the clothing so it looked reasonably well. The problem of course was that it never lined up just right with the existing avatar quite right. Finally Andy shared the clothing files with me so I could get a better idea of exactly how to fine tweak it so that it was just right. But I was well on the way there even prior to the clothing files being released to either me or Andy. Hell I was tinkering with the clothing since before CWE was even released (As it was I that converted the MOUL clothing to work "properly" in CC.) So please do not tell me my own history. Perhaps you should check your facts before making an ass out of yourself next time.

EDIT For the sake of clarity: The timeline of above events:

June 13th 2010 My first post responding to Character Modeling.

On June 18th 2010 I PMed Paradox asking if he knew who it was that did the avatar work on Uru.

Hey Dox,

Was wondering if you could help me with something. Do you know who did Cyan's avatar work? I'm trying to figure out how to do the clothing in 3ds max (I think I almost got it, I'm just running into problems with the Morph Data Sequencer's and their associated uv maps etc. I'm fairly confident if I can figure out how to get these working that we can start making our own custom clothing. But I've hit the wall of not being able to figure these out. I thought maybe if we could shoot an email with some questions to Cyan's old avatar modeler/programmer they might be able to answer some questions and point us in the right direction.

Regards,
Chloe

He responded later that day with:

I went looking... and I found some stuff. Prepare to worship me (or actually, worship Mark Stenersen who did the avatar stuff and had all of this on his resume).

http://msteno.com/lib/resume/cyan/avata ... tation.pdf

He mentions Maxscripts in that document, and has them available for download as well: http://msteno.com/lib/resume/cyan/3ds-max-macroscripts/

Enjoy!
~Dox

June 19th 2010 Paradox posted the links to the avatar documentation and macro scripts.

June 19th 2010 later that day I was able to clean up Chloe's new shirt to a somewhat showable state.

Then on August 6th 2010 Andy sent me a pm regarding the Max files:

Okay, going to give you something here that should help you tremedously with clothing and avatar creation.

You may NOT ask me where I got these from. And PLEASE do not distribute them. If you can make your own Template meshes from them, that would be much better, as I don't think Cyan wanted these files distribuited.

However........they were sent to me from Cyan and that's all I'm allowed to say do to legal NDA's etc, etc, etc.

But this is straight from the horses mouth, heh. I wish I had the female files, but I figure that these will help anyway:

Asset file. About 118 MB, has all the textures for clothes used in Uru:

http://www.guildofmaintainers.org/ftp/U ... assets.zip

These next 4 are the Male Avatar Max files, complete with clothing meshes, bones, etc, etc, etc. Happy birthday. You owe me a beer.

http://www.guildofmaintainers.org/ftp/U ... Male01.max
http://www.guildofmaintainers.org/ftp/U ... Male02.max
http://www.guildofmaintainers.org/ftp/U ... Male03.max
http://www.guildofmaintainers.org/ftp/U ... Male04.max

Now you can open up your very own MOUL clothing shop, heh. The irony that they sent me, a Maintainer, these files is not lost on me, heheheheh.

Anyways, as the Penguins from Madagascar say: "This never happened. You saw nothing. I was never here."

However of course, the problem was I was working with a FEMALE AVATAR while the clothing was for a MALE. So the clothing files really didn't help me all that much, except to point me in the right direction and get it done correctly. It allowed me to see what I was missing in my own files, how to get the morphing right etc etc.

And the rest as they say is history.
GPNMilano

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Discussion