Rabbit t-shirt to be ported in other shards

Anything that isn't directly related to Age Creation but that might be interesting to Age developers.

Rabbit t-shirt to be ported in other shards

Postby Annabelle » Sat May 05, 2012 2:22 pm

Hello,

At the AGM today, we had a discussion on new clothing items. I submitted the rabbit t-shirt to the audience telling that it was on Deep Island shard. Trekluver then PMed me that I should ask Diafero to maybe give the file to other shards like Gehn and Minkata so it could eventually be mainstreamed to everyone.

Here's a picture: I call it "Look at me in the eyes...not the rabbit's ones"

Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Re: Rabbit t-shirt to be ported in other shards

Postby Deledrius » Sat May 05, 2012 8:07 pm

That looks like Max.

I doubt we have the rights to use and distribute a depiction of a trademarked character. If it was removed between MOUL and MOULa (I haven't checked), we can't do much about it.

I don't see any reason why the shards can't host new fan-made clothing, though.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby diafero » Sun May 06, 2012 2:14 am

I don't have more files than what you can find in the Offline KI ;-)
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Wamduskasapa » Sun May 06, 2012 4:46 am

If not the T's how about the St. Pat's Day and Santa Claus Hats. They were originally part of MOUL.

Now personally, I would like a War Bonnet. At http://www.vickig.net/tutorials/bonnet/index.html is a tutorial on drawing a 3D War Bonnet (My drawing skills are nil). maybe someone could help me...

Here is a Picture of a Reproduction of Chitto Harjo (Crazy Snake)'s War Bonnet {Muskogee Creek Indian}. It was composed of Brown Quills, w/black/white feather trimmings, coyote fur, two coyote tails, and horsehair trim.
Attachments
war7.jpg
war7.jpg (33.18 KiB) Viewed 7748 times
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby Annabelle » Sun May 06, 2012 8:24 am

Deledrius wrote

That looks like Max.

I doubt we have the rights to use and distribute a depiction of a trademarked character. If it was removed between MOUL and MOULa (I haven't checked), we can't do much about it.

How come we have access to this T-shirt using Drizzle offline & on alcugs shards like Deep Island? This T-shirt must come from somewhere.
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby diafero » Sun May 06, 2012 12:41 pm

Honestly I do not remember where that icon from the T-Shirt comes from ;-) . GPNMilano (aka Chloe) did the clothing patching some years ago and somehow brought all that to CC.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby GPNMilano » Sun May 06, 2012 12:52 pm

diafero wrote:Honestly I do not remember where that icon from the T-Shirt comes from ;-) . GPNMilano (aka Chloe) did the clothing patching some years ago and somehow brought all that to CC.

The T-Shirt in question is indeed the Sam and Max shirt from MOUL. It was converted from the original MOUL files way back when and brought into the offline version. Then when we made the OfflineKI match the online versions used by Alcugs Shards it was ported to just about any version that used the offlineKI source. While it's possible to bring it over to MOULa shards, it was removed from the 3dsMax avatar sourced by Cyan. The Sam and Max shirt as well as all the other Turner and Ubisoft shirts are owned not by Cyan but their respective companies and are copyrighted to them. So by distributing them we are in violation of Turner's copyright. No one's ever made a big fuss over it before because the shard's that are based on the POTS client are already not approved by Cyan and for the foreseeable future will not be. (Hence why the Ubisoft shirt's are still in them. They're a part of the ABM/POTS prps anyway.) The MOUL shirts that are owned by Turner we're put in during development of the offlineKI.

I wouldn't suggest anyone try and add them to their MOULa shard's however. They were disabled for a reason. Cyan legally can't even distribute them themselves, to say nothing of us distributing them.
You can't stop the truth. IC Blog
GPNMilano

Postby Annabelle » Sun May 06, 2012 1:05 pm

ohh...

well, I didn't want to reason a big legal issue here :lol:

I will keep the shirt in Deep Island and offline installs without telling anyone about it :D

...What T-shirt are we talking about? I don't know any shirt... <---- see already a non-issue ;)
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby GPNMilano » Sun May 06, 2012 1:11 pm

Annabelle wrote:ohh...

well, I didn't want to reason a big legal issue here :lol:

I will keep the shirt in Deep Island and offline installs without telling anyone about it :D

...What T-shirt are we talking about? I don't know any shirt... <---- see already a non-issue ;)

However, I would be willing to offer this alternative to anyone interested. If you can create a texture for T-Shirts or want some clothing done and can make the textures for them. Or find someone to make the textures. I'd be more than happy to create your clothing in 3dsMax and export the prps so you can have your own custom clothing on a MOULa or offline shard. So if Wamduskasapa for instance, if you can make the texture for your war bonnet or find some to make it for you. I'd be more than happy to model a version of it and create the clothing item. I just need the textures to put onto them, and I'm not the greatest at making textures from scratch.
You can't stop the truth. IC Blog
GPNMilano

Postby Paradox » Sun May 06, 2012 1:26 pm

I thought I had read something about TOC holding a T-Shirt design contest. I'd be interested in seeing what sort of submissions they got, and whether they could be incorporated into Gehn.
Paradox

Next

Return to Off-Topic Discussion