Rabbit t-shirt to be ported in other shards

Anything that isn't directly related to Age Creation but that might be interesting to Age developers.

Re: Rabbit t-shirt to be ported in other shards

Postby kaelisebonrai » Wed May 23, 2012 3:17 am

So.. It appears we have a different definition of exporting clothing... Because the June 19th 2010 "clothing" is not what I'd call exporting clothing - That's exporting garbage. Its not working properly, the mesh is screwed. It wasn't until /after/ you got the files from andy, that the export was in any way close to resembling actual examples of a proper clothing export. Your history is fine and dandy, but you didn't pull off a non-garbage export, from said history, until /after/ August 6th 2010 - when you got the files from Andy.

My memory of history is indeed correct. We however, have differing definitions of a clothing export being successful.
kaelisebonrai

Postby Deledrius » Wed May 23, 2012 7:26 am

So, it would be nice to have new clothes in Uru, at this time. What would it take with what we have now to do it?
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Wamduskasapa » Wed May 23, 2012 9:11 am

Deledrius wrote:So, it would be nice to have new clothes in Uru, at this time. What would it take with what we have now to do it?

Now that Is a GREAT Idea
I would love a Native American set of Buckskins, Moccasins and a Feathered Headdress
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby Deledrius » Wed May 23, 2012 10:45 am

Wamduskasapa wrote:
Deledrius wrote:So, it would be nice to have new clothes in Uru, at this time. What would it take with what we have now to do it?

Now that Is a GREAT Idea
I would love a Native American set of Buckskins, Moccasins and a Feathered Headdress

I imagine the first two should be (relatively) easy. The last is pretty complicated and given the size and type may prove... interesting (due to animation, size of doorways, etc).
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby GPNMilano » Wed May 23, 2012 12:08 pm

kaelisebonrai wrote:So.. It appears we have a different definition of exporting clothing... Because the June 19th 2010 "clothing" is not what I'd call exporting clothing - That's exporting garbage. Its not working properly, the mesh is screwed. It wasn't until /after/ you got the files from andy, that the export was in any way close to resembling actual examples of a proper clothing export. Your history is fine and dandy, but you didn't pull off a non-garbage export, from said history, until /after/ August 6th 2010 - when you got the files from Andy.

My memory of history is indeed correct. We however, have differing definitions of a clothing export being successful.

Oh of course...because it wasn't perfect it wasn't really a successful export. Despite your own admiration to the contrary at the time. So I guess you were either placating then as it's the only thing that would make some logical sense if you believe now that it wasn't "successful" in your definitions. Tell me is it only a successful export of an age once it has footstep sounds, ambient sounds and something to click on? Do the early first test ages we made as a guild not actually count as ages anymore?
You can't stop the truth. IC Blog
GPNMilano

Postby Deledrius » Wed May 23, 2012 1:02 pm

Kaelis, please, by all means, contribute something positive and constructive.

If you're not going to, please don't nitpick irrelevant long-gone details instead; that's not useful at all.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Christopher » Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm

Deledrius wrote:What would it take with what we have now to do it?

I also played a bit with clothings and I think you need the files from Andy. The problem is that the clothing parts must fit into the other ones. For example: If you make a t-shirt you have to be carefull that it's not too long or too wide for the existing pants. The next thing is that you need a bonestructure to skin the clothing parts. If Cloe made clothing before she get the files from Andy, maybe it's possible to rebuild it from scratch.

All in all I would say: You can make new clothing parts without these files, but it's more then a lot of work.
(Please correct me if I am wrong in some point)

Christopher
Christopher

Postby GPNMilano » Wed May 23, 2012 6:37 pm

Well what you have now is the clothing files and the bone structure of all the avatars as well as the KI source. You can make all the improvements and additions onto these as you want, and I see no reason for anyone to delay doing so. Yes there is no license attached to these assets. HOWEVER the assets were not released by a third party, they were released, without a license, by their original copyright holder. The reason for a license at this time would be to protect the rights of those who use them and their copyright holder from a copyright lawsuit between the two parties. Since I don't see Cyan (original and current copyright holder) from instigating legal action against it's own fanbase (those who would be using the assets). I see no reason at all why they can't be used currently as they stand. Perhaps an issue could pop up down the road with someone outside of the fanbase using them for a personal project, but that's their can of worms not ours. It would be up to Cyan to deal with that, not for us. We however are in the unique position of deciding if Cyan is okay with us using assets they've released FOR US TO USE within their version of THEIR ENGINE. Since time and time again they've stated that they are okay with their fans using their IP as long as that IP remains within Uru only, I'd like to know why their seems to be an issue of using them at all.
You can't stop the truth. IC Blog
GPNMilano

Postby kaelisebonrai » Wed May 23, 2012 11:35 pm

Deledrius wrote:Kaelis, please, by all means, contribute something positive and constructive.

If you're not going to, please don't nitpick irrelevant long-gone details instead; that's not useful at all.

I'd *love* to contribute something "positive and constructive" however, seeing as there is, as yet, no way for me to export things to the current engine, still, because certain people are still playing with their toy engine - I cannot.

I'd love to finish off my Seret Neighborhood layout (nb03), my additions to nb01 and making the Kirel (nb02) layout viable and randomised. Along with making the watcher's pub make sense as compared to the two differing versions we have in MO:UL and CC. Among other projects I /had/ that are now pretty much permanently on hold - After we who supported this guild, and made ages have almost entirely been shafted.

You may notice Age creation is pretty much dead now. There's one Age I see regularly updated, and I haven't seen *new* releases for a while.

PyPRP2 I understand is an ungodly mess (paraphrasing those /working/ on it, not the users) and no one cares to put any time in it - that's fine, but that leaves the content creators hanging, because telling the people who have been releasing content via blender to suddenly just use 3ds max is *just* as big a "slap in the face" as the one you lot were all complaining about in #writers with the code initially going to OpenUru
kaelisebonrai

Postby kaelisebonrai » Wed May 23, 2012 11:51 pm

GPNMilano wrote:
kaelisebonrai wrote:So.. It appears we have a different definition of exporting clothing... Because the June 19th 2010 "clothing" is not what I'd call exporting clothing - That's exporting garbage. Its not working properly, the mesh is screwed. It wasn't until /after/ you got the files from andy, that the export was in any way close to resembling actual examples of a proper clothing export. Your history is fine and dandy, but you didn't pull off a non-garbage export, from said history, until /after/ August 6th 2010 - when you got the files from Andy.

Oh of course...because it wasn't perfect it wasn't really a successful export. Despite your own admiration to the contrary at the time. So I guess you were either placating then as it's the only thing that would make some logical sense if you believe now that it wasn't "successful" in your definitions. Tell me is it only a successful export of an age once it has footstep sounds, ambient sounds and something to click on? Do the early first test ages we made as a guild not actually count as ages anymore?

No, because those first ages didn't have /garbage/ model data. That's like saying the model data is screwed up, therefore it is successful. Now, at the /time/ it was impressive as I said, but its hardly an actual full export - I was impressed because it was further than most had gotten - not because it was the end result. There was /more/ to do, though.

A successful export of an Age is an Age where the model data is intact. Footstep sounds are irrelevant, ambient sounds and clickables are irrelevant. Model data however, is important - your "clothing" export did not succeed in that check, either.
kaelisebonrai

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Discussion