Native American Headdress

Anything that isn't directly related to Age Creation but that might be interesting to Age developers.

Native American Headdress

Postby Wamduskasapa » Sun May 06, 2012 3:58 pm

Before anymore questions are asked about the headdress that I desired - Please let me explain what the feather means to the Native American..

Although the average individual may not know the symbolic meaning of the Indian headdress, many people find them to be beautiful works of art. It is believed that the Sioux Nation created what is thought of as the traditional Indian headdress. This is the feathered headdress often seen on warriors and chiefs within paintings and pictures. Only the most brave and powerful of the tribe wore headdresses.

Before the invasion of their land by the white man, the custom of wearing the Indian headdress spread throughout the many nations. However, each headdress varies from nation to nation as it represents the culture of each nation. The individual wearing it would often customize their headdress, thus making them unique to that individual.

People always associate Indian headdress with feathers, but do you know what the feathers represent? Warriors earned a feather each time he did something the tribe felt was a brave act. Many times, the first feather earned by a warrior was given to him for being seen as an adult member of the Nation. However, the warrior was not just given the feather. The warrior had to prepare himself to receive such an honor and that often required 3 days of fasting and meditation. I have 13 Eagle Feathers but they will remain mounted on my Coup Stick and not placed within a headdress.

Each time the warrior earned a feather, he would either wear it (but he only wore a couple into battle) or put it on a pole used for special occasions (a Coup Stick). Once he had collected enough feathers, they were then made into a headdress. Because each feather had a special meaning, binding them together in a headdress made that Indian headdress even more special. Only the men, closest friends of the warrior, were involved in the making of the headdress. The Indian chiefs also “earned” each of their feathers. The most prized of all feathers to receive for an Indian headdress was the Golden Eagle feather. Because the Indians saw the eagle as a messenger of God, this feather could only be earned through hardship, loyalty, and strength.

Feathers are symbols of the Native American way of life. Native Americans use bird feathers to ascend and connect with spirits within a higher plane. The feathers can represent many things to the various Nations, such as freedom, power, honor, wisdom, trust and strength. Feathers are worn on headpieces and clothing as well as tattooed on the body. The entrances of homes and sacred rooms sometimes have owl feathers attached as a symbol of protection. The owl feather alone can represent death; however, combined with a hawk feather, it represents life. A headdress made from owl feathers, hawk feathers and fox fur (wisdom) was normally worn by a Shaman, Medicine Man or Wise Man.
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Re: Native American Headdress

Postby dendwaler » Sun May 06, 2012 11:37 pm

Thx for sharing this valuable information on how the values of live are reflected in the headdress of the native american.
If I understand it well this implies a general headdress to be worn by everyone is not possible, unless it is a reward of several specific task's the player forfilled in several ages.
May be depending on choises he makes he collects different feathers.
In the end he will have enough feathers to make his headdress or Coup stick.
None of them exactly the same.
This will be a difficult task to implement, but can result in a challenging story in an extention of the D'ni world.
I remember i did collect 1 feather already,..... years ago in eder gira.
and still have it in my pocket.

What about a Coup stick on Relto in the middle of the 4 pillars( hmm, they look like totems , don't they ?) with a new feather on it after forfilling a new task?
When every agewriters makes 1 specific feather as a reward for ending his fan made age, the Coup stick will grow slowly and differs from person to person depending on the order of solving ages.
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Postby Wamduskasapa » Sun May 06, 2012 11:54 pm

Excellent Idea - there are a total of 13 feathers in MOULa
7 (Plain) in Eder Gira,
1 (Red) in Eder Delin,
1 (Blue) in Dereno,
1 (Black) in Payiferen,
1 (Silver) in Er'cana,
1 (Duck) in Jalak Dador and
1 (Large Rukh) in Ahnonay

This would be enough for a simple Headdress or Coup Stick for the men or a Lodge standard for our Relto...
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby janaba » Mon May 07, 2012 5:22 am

This is all very impressive and interesting, thank you, Wam ... :P

As I am following the spiritual and worldly developments on this planet at this time (and for almost all my life lol), which is actually the reason why
most of us incarnated into this auspicious period of time of the so called 'Shift of the Ages' which is ultimately a 'Consciousness Shift' of the whole
planet and its people as well as the whole universe ... yeah, and as such I was with excitement following the 'October Pilgramage across the USA"
of the Mayan Elders along with the 13 holy 'Crystal Skulls' last year with the culmination on the 11-11-11 being the 'Crytal Skulls Event in Los Angeles" ...
That and your co-created beautiful age full of treasures, the R'Oshanhnin Korvahkhn, etc. were initially the reason why I looked through your website,
Wam, and I was stunned and very impressed and the first that caught my eye and heart was of course the 'Crystal Table of Contents' ...
Yeah, the synchronicities in life ... and all the time and everywhere you're encountering and uncovering Yourself or parts thereof ... :)

Ok, of course, I also loved to gather my feathers everywhere in Uru and on any Shard immediately after completing the prime ages, more unconsciously
and intuitively, not like you, Wam, consciously and with the resp. background and high esteem ... How wonderful this all is ... /cheer ... :D

Yeah, as of the implementation of the gathering of 'Feathers' and a 'Coup Stick' between the Relto poles into the D'ni history and Uru storyline, I don't
know if that would be everybody's cup of tea so to speak, but provided as an option if desired and toggled somehow, e.g. through a Nexus for special
universes and worlds or such, where everybody can 'earn' or 'achieve' the desired object of appreciation or honor etc. ... that'd be awesome ...

In an expanded multicultural and multidimensional D'ni universe, which I perceive as our not so far away future, I see this all cultivatable and viable ...

As to the 'Native American Headdress' itself this seems to be possible to implement right away as of what GPNMilano and others were saying to new
and individual clothing in the other thread ... I can't wait to see you with your beautiful 'War Bonnet' anytime soon ... You've 'earned' it already after all ... :P
janaba

Return to Off-Topic Discussion