"Mapping" Ahnonay

Anything that isn't directly related to Age Creation but that might be interesting to Age developers.

"Mapping" Ahnonay

Postby Ehren » Fri May 11, 2012 11:52 pm

First, it should be said that if you want Ahnonay to remain a mystery to you not to look at this. But this is something I think was really cool to see.

These pictures are about the MOUL version of Ahnonay (converted with Drizzle) and how the place looks from an OOC perspective. (where things sit in space)

Show Spoiler
Ehren

Re: "Mapping" Ahnonay

Postby janaba » Sat May 12, 2012 6:38 am

Very impressive and intriguing, esp. the last ones, thank you, Ehren ... :P

Makes one wonder how this all correlates and intertwines ... no, not only
by means of complex codes and scripts etc. ... makes me contemplating the
(illusionary) structures or patternings of the manifested universe(s) and possible
views from different perspectives, dimensions and realities ... This actually looks
like a wormhole ... Yeah, great ... :)
janaba

Postby Sirius » Sat May 12, 2012 7:09 am

I knew all four spheres wouldn't fit in the structure we see in the vortex :twisted:
On a side note, I really like the vortex and its spheres. The amount of details and the rotation animation are awesome.
Sirius

Postby Annabelle » Sat May 12, 2012 8:06 am

I really like what you did with drizzle commands.

I never push them to this point. I keep using the same usual commands.

Janaba wrote:
Makes one wonder how this all correlates and intertwines ...

Knowing how to gain control over Ahnonay AKA controlling the 4th Sphere maintenance door, you can "drop" from 1st Sphere to 3rd Sphere. You must have an observer on the 3rd Sphere without one there you'll tell "I'm not going anywhere, I'm still in 1st Sphere". You'll be doubling your avatar, one will be a ghost.

You can only gain control over one of the 2: 99% of time, you'll control your avatar, the ghost will only reappear when you will stop moving your avatar & for 1% of the time, you'll gain absolute control over your ghost avatar in the 3rd sphere...without seeing it.

You can also levitate out of the 1st sphere, you'll be floating in the white void as long as you don't stop the levitation process (pressing F2 twice or forward key). You won't come across the 3rd sphere because it won't be paged in. Even if someone else is standing on the 3rd sphere, it will only be paged in for that explorer.

You can also swim out of the 1st sphere, you'll be able to swim in all directions in the white void as long as you don't relto out. Same explanation for the 3rd sphere not showing up.
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Ahnonay Vogondola

Postby Ehren » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:47 pm

I hope bumping a thread this old isn't a problem, but I felt like this belongs here more than in a new thread.

This is a cool detail. In the MOUL version, the vogondola ride for Ahnonay actually has a design for its outside. It's normally hidden by Vis Regions everywhere except from the final Hut area of Ahnonay. But the problem is that it's impossible to watch someone else use the ride. I'm sure many people have tried watching someone travel across the falls to find that Uru doesn't actually synch the vogondola's position as someone else is using it.

I suppose it was intended at first to let you watch other people moving the ride, but then Cyan never got around to it or something.

Like the other pictures in this thread, these pictures are with Vis Regions deleted on an offline conversion of MOULa's Ahnonay, normally if you got this close the exterior design would be hidden.
Ehren

Postby Deledrius » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:05 pm

That's pretty cool. It seems a lot of technical things in that final area are odd in ways I don't think were initially intended.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Return to Off-Topic Discussion