Myst-Riven-like game underway

Anything that isn't directly related to Age Creation but that might be interesting to Age developers.

Re: Myst-Riven-like game underway

Postby janaba » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:36 am

This is awesome, they're looking and moving in the right directions, which is important right now ... Thanks for the great additional info, Acorn ... :P

Oh my, we're on the next page already, so, please folks, if you like, the new Kickstarter game info is on the previous page lol, or just click here to link directly to my info post ... Enjoy ... :)
janaba

Postby Wamduskasapa » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:49 am

I have been honored and privileged to have played both the Demo and the Alpha for The Eyes Of Ara. I have Ben Droste's (the Programmer and Developer) permission to release these two movies of my game play. I used DIVX and MP4 compression so you will need to have DIVX loaded on your system to play these 2 movies.

This game is in the early stage of development so what you see is just a teaser NOT the actual game. Again this is unfinished and a Pre-released Version of the Game.

I would suggest that you right click and save these movies to your system, If you have a slow internet connection.
Once you have these movies saved you can open and play them (Full Screen) with either the DIVX Player or Internet Explorer.
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby Acorn » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:27 am

Over the holidays I finally got round to completing the Eyes of Ara. And I was touched to find, in the game and in the hidden Backers' room, some pictures of our dear departed friend Wam, and some objects that reminded me of him ;) As he himself said earlier in this thread, he was a backer and alpha tester for the game, and one of the puzzles is his, as well as these objects.

It's a good-looking game, with lots of hidden rooms and plenty of stuff to find - with extras at Halloween and at Christmas. I had to use walk-throughs quite a bit to get all the puzzles finished - more than I needed for Obduction, say. If you are a puzzle fan more than you are an explorer, this would be a great game for you :D
Acorn

Postby Chacal » Tue May 12, 2020 10:42 pm

Sorry for reviving an old thread. I updated my video card and I'm finally able to play some games I bought years ago, such as Quern Qubeh, Haven Moon and Obduction.
I finished Quern tonight, a great experience, and I was speechless for a moment when I found the Wamduskasapa book. I wasn't expecting this at all. Then I remembered about kickstarter. It cost him 200 GBP to get his name in the game, he really wanted it to succeed! I am happy to know that the game was finished before he died.

I also found the names of well-known members of the Uru community scribbled on the wall. Gave me a chuckle!
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Previous

Return to Off-Topic Discussion