Myst-Riven-like game underway

Anything that isn't directly related to Age Creation but that might be interesting to Age developers.

Re: Myst-Riven-like game underway

Postby Deledrius » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:38 am

Wamduskasapa wrote:People if this GAME Does not make their Kickstarer we will be kicking our own backsides. YES I do have my Knickers in a Twist BUT I WANT to Play this GAME

I'm really hoping this one makes it. It looks magnificent, and I can't understand why it isn't already funded.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:11 am

I'm going to have to agree with Deledrius. I've got it open in firefox, I'm just not sure how much I'm willing to part with yet.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby janaba » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:57 am

Deledrius wrote:
Wamduskasapa wrote:People if this GAME Does not make their Kickstarer we will be kicking our own backsides. YES I do have my Knickers in a Twist BUT I WANT to Play this GAME

I'm really hoping this one makes it. It looks magnificent, and I can't understand why it isn't already funded.

Haha, and there we have it ... I'm going to cross-post (not another quote, that looks really ugly lol), what I've just posted on the MOUL forums ...

------------------------------------

This ... is ... so ... exciting!!! ... /cheer ... :P

I knew it all along, you have to know it, otherwise you cannot achieve anything, not really and in the long run lol, but yesterday was special, and when I went to sleep I really felt and thus knew they, and you all, all backers out there, would make it through the finishing line victoriously when I'd wake up again, and yeah, there we are ... just by a hairsbreadth by now, but the first and biggest hurdle has been taken ... :)

They now take PayPal donations too as of their latest update, they've also revealed parts of a complex puzzle, beautifully illustrated and with more awesome music, please, have a look here in case you'd be interested ... and they now have an 'Add-on System', for all who haven't seen it yet ...

So, now on to cement that victory and for the 'Stretch Goals' ... :D
janaba

Postby Wamduskasapa » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:08 am

YES - They have reached their main goal !!

BUT - They have also eliminated the first stretch goal (it is now part of the game play)(hidden books telling the background story)
Furthermore, they have also lowered the limitation for the second stretch goal (additional Game Languages)

SO THEY still need our help...
Attachments
Party05.png
Party05.png (15.68 KiB) Viewed 20648 times
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby janaba » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:57 pm

I've just said in on the MOUL forums and I'm saying it here again ... :P

------------------------------------------

Congratulations!!! to the Zadbox team for a great Kickstarter campaign and to all who supported and backed this wonderful project in every way possible!!! ... :P

A big Hooray!!! goes also to our great Myst/Obduction community for playing quite a leading role on the way to that victory ...

And after having reached the 1st stretch goal I'd like to welcome and congratulate all French, Italian and Russian explorers to this exciting new adventure ... How wonderful it is that it can now be enjoyed by so many more people around the world, besides that it is great that the Zadbox guys will have so many more fans and thus future customers to support their future projects ... I wish you all the best of luck and success and my sincere best wishes to all explorers too, and above all much much fun and even more fun ... :)
janaba

Postby Wamduskasapa » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:14 am

This final GIF shows the Pledge action from 1 July to the point of Success. The final 10 Screenshots are of the last day.

Show Spoiler
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby Acorn » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:10 am

the developers of Xing have released a new trailer which looks rather nice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nE_8XxymNXM
Acorn

Postby janaba » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:40 pm

This is almost unbelievable and stunningly awesome, this is more like watching resp. partaking in a really great movie, though mere words cannot do this justice anymore, really, IMHO ... The music alone is already epic and sublime ... What a development! ... Thanks for posting this, Acorn ... :)
janaba

Postby janaba » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:48 am

Hi, everyone, yesterday Ainia pointed the community on the Cyan forums to a very interesting new indie game, and while it isn't really Myst-like, although in a way it is too, it is more futuristic and I'd say maybe even part of the future of computer/adventure games, I thought, esp. you creative people here might be interested and find inspiration in this one too, just watch the video, or at least have a glance through and look into what this is all about ... Enjoy ... :P

Here's Ainia's post with links
Ainia wrote:Hey fellow explorers,

Here's another very promising indie game in the works: Essence.

The development team's website seems to have a puzzle of sorts for fans to solve, too. ;-)

This is my comment cross-posted from the Cyan forums

"A very auspicious and ambitious project! They're getting better and better ... Thanks for pointing us to it, Ainia ... :P

'Xing - The Land Beyond' is already quite spiritual and 'beyond', but this one is really very 'beyond', spiritual and surreal lol, in a very positive way, and in general this development doesn't really surprise me in these times we are in right now and further ahead, and of course it is full of gorgeous beauty in a completely different way, has an awesome soundtrack and an interesting and different storyline progression with much puzzle/riddle/quest solving involved ... The whole game or I'd better say world or universe even is based on moving forward or proceed through real deep research and exploration etc. ... There's also a stretch goal going for the VR, which would be very appropriate for this kind of world and exploration ... they're already working on a future implementation ... 8-)

Yeah, and they're even from my hometown, Berlin, Germany ... That small puzzle on their website was easy btw, and they intend to post more of those little brain teasers ...

Ok, I'm wishing them definitely the best of luck and success and of course much much fun and excitement for that perpetual stream of even more creative ideas and inspiration ... :) "
janaba

Postby Acorn » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:21 am

Yes, Essence looks interesting - the trailer reminds me of a cross between Obduction and Xing.

They posted on the Obduction Facebook page - for those who don't use Facebook, this is what they said:

Tim Bachmann
17 hrs
We have been working on a game lately that I am pretty sure you will love Check it out: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/448730379/essence
We are open for any feedback and hope to get your support on Kickstarter to get the game going.

Jenne Johnson this looks cool. I'm going to ask for a kickstarter share for my birthday

Tim Bachmann Thanks a lot that would be a great help We are glad you like it.

Lucy Garden Tim, thanks for posting. I couldn't find on your website or Kickstarter page any info on who "you" are. Will you be sharing info about your team?

Tim Bachmann We are a small development team of 2 people + one person who is taking care of the music and sounds. The 2 people who are the creator of the project are me (apparently) and a friend of mine who I know for a long time already. He is called Ck. Both of are actually still student so our team is still pretty young and exploding with cool, new and innovative ideas. Both of live and work in Berlin. and together we are currently in the progress of founding ONEVISION. Which is the little game company with its first project ESSENCE. If you have any additional questions feel free to ask.

Jenne Johnson do you have your own facebook page?...for the game, I mean

Tim Bachmann Our facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/onevisiongames. You will post all updates about ESSENCE and later Projects here and will do our best to provide you with informations, screenshots and our development.

Tim Bachmann We would be happy to welcome you all there and also hope that you tell your friends and other people about our game, to actually help us to succeed with Kickstarter

Their Facebook page is mainly screenshots so far.
Acorn

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Discussion