Myst-Riven-like game underway

Anything that isn't directly related to Age Creation but that might be interesting to Age developers.

Re: Myst-Riven-like game underway

Postby Acorn » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:37 pm

The Xing team just hit their second and third stretch goals - including Oculus Rift support - no doubt due to your pledge, Jojon :lol: The remaining goals are additional environments. But there's only 13 hours to go. :roll:
Acorn

Postby Acorn » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:09 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtiKxnrXLD8 is the video of the final 3 hours of the Xing kickstarter. (They got the 100 islands environment funded, by the way).
Acorn

Postby janaba » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:45 am

This is so awesome!!! Thank you, Acorn ... :P

Aren't they just wonderful and lovely, almost angelic ... I really enjoy watching and listening to them, and I had a hard time to stop watching those guys and this beautiful gal ... I have to say I actually couldn't haha, I'm going through the whole while following and reading other stuff, incl. commenting here lol ... :D

Ok, it is of course easy to be lovely, easy and cool, when you're successful and accepted with what you're doing, but I'd say that they just are like that, naturally, and they're just open and following their passion and making the best of their expertise and continually expanding their skills etc., and they're nicely co-creating this together while remaining very clear of what they want and aspire as well as being very aware of what they have to deal with besides the fun of game creation, all of the economic, financial, management stuff etc. going along with all of this, and they're doing it authentically and open-minded ... :)

Ahhh, at 1:01:33 they finally answer the question which games actually inspired them and influenced the game creation ... Haha ... What do you all think? ... First answer: 'Myst obviously', this is the big one in everyone's mind' ... He remembers his dad showing him Myst when he was about 8, but he didn't beat it then, but just a few years ago ... sweet ... Just watch it for yourselves, if you like here, this is a link to that exact position ... 8-)

Yeah, and there is Portal and other games, just listen in above ... Of course they'll be keeping in mind to adjust everything to a great Occulus Rift experience, many have been questioning them about that ... Thanks again, Acorn, for pointing us to that ... I'm very excited and happy for them and wish them further on the best of luck, success and fun and everything ... :)
janaba

Postby Acorn » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:05 am

I enjoyed watching it too, janaba, and I agree, they come across very well: committed and capable people, working so well in their little team, and who have achieved so much already. But I paused at 1 hour to let RL take over for a while so must just have missed the Myst :D reference! Will go back and watch the rest shortly. ;)
Acorn

Postby janaba » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:12 am

Yeah, I hope you've seen the link I've included above, which starts exactly at that point when they answer that question ... And I've just posted your video and my comment on the MOUL forums as well ... I believe many will love that fact for the developers being inspired by Myst too ... :P
janaba

Postby Acorn » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:20 am

janaba wrote: I've just posted your video and my comment on the MOUL forums as well ... I believe many will love that fact for the developers being inspired by Myst too ... :P

great idea! :P

(by the way, you said on the MOUL forum, "which games expired them" - I hope Myst "inspired" them, not "expired" :lol: :lol: )
Acorn

Postby janaba » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:29 am

Haha, OMG ... corrected ... Thank you, Acorn, maybe it was a little too much to watch and listen to that interview, writing here and posting there, setting all the links correctly etc. and all almost at the same time lol ... We really don't want to expire but empower them ... :D
janaba

Postby Justintime9 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:46 am

Wow... this looks amazing. Did anyone else notice that the soundtrack was done by none other than Alain Pachins (AKA Turjan)?
Justintime9

Postby Deledrius » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:30 am

Justintime9 wrote:Wow... this looks amazing. Did anyone else notice that the soundtrack was done by none other than Alain Pachins (AKA Turjan)?

I did not know that! That's awesome!
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby janaba » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:17 pm

Deledrius wrote:
Justintime9 wrote:Wow... this looks amazing. Did anyone else notice that the soundtrack was done by none other than Alain Pachins (AKA Turjan)?

I did not know that! That's awesome!

I've been mentioning that already on the MOUL forums back then, and yes it is great ... :P

What we're talking about on the last two pages is a newly presented equally or maybe even more awesome game on Kickstarter, which is called 'XING:The Land Beyond' and which I've mentioned on page one at the bottom of this thread with all interesting links to videos, the developer's page, the Kickstarter page, the demo etc. ... This is an astounding and wonderful small team and already very successful ... They recently released a demo of the game and in case anyone would be interested he/she will find everything you might need or want to know about it on these last pages here ... :)
janaba

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Discussion