Myst-Riven-like game underway

Anything that isn't directly related to Age Creation but that might be interesting to Age developers.

Re: Myst-Riven-like game underway

Postby Acorn » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:57 am

Here's a link to the Xing devblog. http://xingthegame.blogspot.co.uk/

I like the picture of the foliage modelling for the rainforest environment
Show Spoiler
Acorn

Postby janaba » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:29 am

Yeah, great!!! I also love that toad ... Thank you, Acorn ... and our friends have to work hard in the next weeks for their graduation ... I'll keep my fingers crossed, but they'll make it, I'm very certain about that ... :P
janaba

Postby Acorn » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:01 am

The Xing developers have now got an Oculus Rift Dev Kit.

http://xingthegame.blogspot.co.uk/ has a new entry on their experience with the Oculus Rift. This was an interesting insight:

It was fascinating to experience what works and what doesn't work in my environment design. Generally, we scale our scenes on the larger side. While certain types of foliage needed to be scaled down, the impressive scale of facades and structures was incredibly exciting with stereoscopic 3D. And the most captivating compositions were ones with multitudes of layers. In art class, you generally focus on foreground, middleground and background. For Oculus, I found vistas with 6 or 7 distinct layers to [be] visually scrumptious.

They also slowed down the walking speed.

There's also a youtube video of the Xing developers playing Xing with OR - they seem to enjoy it! :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0OWQMrGTeg&feature=youtu.be
Acorn

Postby janaba » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:15 am

This is absolutely impressive and fascinating, thanks for posting this, Acorn ... I almost forgot about that already ... :D

It really seems that they themselves are astounded and excited how well their own game works as a wonderful 3D virtual reality prototype, you could almost call it like this ... The great thing is that you can even without that OR device watch the magic onscreen through that stereoscopic 3D view ... I mean, ok, you have to keep your eyes crossed, but it works lol ... Now I keep my fingers crossed for that wonderful developers team for even more fun and thus success in their life and thus for all of us ... :)
janaba

Postby Acorn » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:08 pm

New Xing Dev Blog with some rather amazing screenshots:

http://xingthegame.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/100-island-lake-screenshot-post.html
Acorn

Postby janaba » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:53 pm

This is almost unbelievable, what an astounding development, absolutely beautiful and just awesome and impressive ... Thank you, Acorn ... :P
janaba

Postby janaba » Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:03 am

The game I'm presenting here is not really Myst-like, but absolutely beautiful and enchanting ... :P

Today (or yesterday lol) Emor posted this wonderful PS4 game as still WIP on the MOUL forums, which he found on Shoomla's 'Mystic Places' site ... It is called 'Rime' and you can watch a teaser video here ... It can also be followed on Facebook here ...

Unfortunately it'll be most probably only available on the PS4 console, which I don't have and don't intend to acquire, but I thought anyone here and esp. you, Wam, might be interested if you had such a console ... it has even already been awarded at 'Best of Gamescom 2013' ... Enjoy ... :)
janaba

Postby Wamduskasapa » Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:59 am

Janaba - I am like you - I have no intention of obtaining a game console. But thank you for the information...
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby Deledrius » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:30 pm

janaba wrote:Unfortunately it'll be most probably only available on the PS4 console, which I don't have and don't intend to acquire, but I thought anyone here and esp. you, Wam, might be interested if you had such a console ... it has even already been awarded at 'Best of Gamescom 2013' ... Enjoy ... :)

And I'd recommend suggesting to friends and family that they not support this anti-competitive, anti-consumer platform-exclusivity as well.

It's a real shame, because this looks like a gorgeous and interesting game and I'd love to support it, but that business model is wholly unethical and is detrimental to the gaming industry in the long term.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby janaba » Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:06 pm

Deledrius wrote:
janaba wrote:Unfortunately it'll be most probably only available on the PS4 console, which I don't have and don't intend to acquire, but I thought anyone here and esp. you, Wam, might be interested if you had such a console ... it has even already been awarded at 'Best of Gamescom 2013' ... Enjoy ... :)

And I'd recommend suggesting to friends and family that they not support this anti-competitive, anti-consumer platform-exclusivity as well.

It's a real shame, because this looks like a gorgeous and interesting game and I'd love to support it, but that business model is wholly unethical and is detrimental to the gaming industry in the long term.

I don't know anything about their business conduct, cause I never cared for this one, but as you describe it you might be right to not further promote their products, which is one of the powers we have to really affect something ... :P
janaba

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Discussion