Uru CC Install

Anything that isn't directly related to Age Creation but that might be interesting to Age developers.

Uru CC Install

Postby Rabbit » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:04 pm

Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place...

Having grief installing UruCC in Windows 7 Pro. It gets three-quarters the way then borks with D:/Data2.cab Data Error (Crc). This is messing me up because I can't get into DI without it.

Any ideas how to proceed?
Rabbit

Re: Uru CC Install

Postby gabriml » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:20 pm

Try running the install process "as administrator" or install to a folder which you have full control.
Mark Gabrielson
Gehn KI#: 28638
-----------------------
John Three Sixteen
gabriml

Postby PeterC » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:47 pm

Is this installed off a CD/DVD or a download?
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one. -Dendwaler

Have you even TRIED to set up a client and server? THAT takes ages. -PeterC
PeterC

Postby Rabbit » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:52 pm

Thanks for the replies. I am running UruSetup.exe as Administrator and its the CD version I am installing from - having tried both Autorun install and opening CD/manual clicking UruSetup.exe.

I have also tried disabling virus check and anything else I have running from bootup.

Is there anything else I can try?
Rabbit

Postby diafero » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:49 am

This means that your CD is broken - there's some data on it that can't be read anymore. Other than trying to clean its surface, I don't think there is much you can do.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby janaba » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:38 am

Yep, diafero is right, I suppose ... I just gave this "Uru:CC Data2.cab Data Error (Crc)" to Google
and found some information which might help to understand the problem ... :P

- Cyclic redundancy check data error - what it means for your data, CD and DVD

- CYCLIC REDUNDANCY CHECK as posted on the ubisoft forums, with some suggestions by Reverend Vader
and also by the 'great' Heimdall lol that might help
- Same problem posted on the GoG forums - video card compatibility could be the problem
- Last but not least a funny and extraordinary solution if you or a friend of yours had a Mac ... :D

Good luck, Rabbit ... :)
janaba

Postby Annabelle » Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:33 pm

You should then consider buying it from GoG.com. It's rather cheap and it will work with win 7 64 bits perfectly.

I think there's a fix to do on that version in order to work with an alcugs shard like Deep Island. Maybe I'm mixed up with the Steam version, anyway... buy the GoG.com version, it's yours, you own it afterward.
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Sirius » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:01 am

I own the two CDs version of Complete Chronicles, and it installed (and can be played) perfectly on Windows 7 64 bits. Well, the only two bugs are the EAX effects that are incompatible with 7, and a game crash sometimes when taking KI shots if the window is too wide (I think it has been fixed with the No-CD patch you can download with Drizzle) (oh, and you can't play fullscreen on a widescreen monitor without a hack). But otherwise it works fine.

I think the Shard might require a client fix (automatically downloaded from the server), since you can't run Steam games without launching Steam first... I can be wrong on this however.
Sirius

Postby Rabbit » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:47 am

Thanks again to all. It looks like my disc is damaged, but the damage not visible. However, I have managed to recover a backup of UruCC with the DI patches.

The only problem is, when I log on, I can see existing players but it locks up when checking for newer files. Any ideas how to get past this?
Rabbit

Postby Rabbit » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:09 am

Rabbit wrote:Thanks again to all. It looks like my disc is damaged, but the damage not visible. However, I have managed to recover a backup of UruCC with the DI patches.

The only problem is, when I log on, I can see existing players but it locks up when checking for newer files. Any ideas how to get past this?

I seem to blundered across a fix - set Run as Administrator and set compatibility to XP (Sp3). Now runs great.

Thanks again all.
Rabbit

Return to Off-Topic Discussion