Questions about Sevkor Age

Anything that isn't directly related to Age Creation but that might be interesting to Age developers.

Questions about Sevkor Age

Postby manloc » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:26 am

I don't know where to ask that, so I do here.

I started to put on paper lot of things for my "left to be builded" Age...
But I have now something to know:
If I build Age where there's a dark area and I want an avvie have himlself a light (on his KI for example)...
Imagine the avvie goes to Descent to light his KI (1 min bright), return to Relto, goes to Nexus, goes to Sevkor, find the linking book to the Age I builded and link there... His KI light have already turned off from a few seconds (or more).

So, my questions:
Can I hope one or more KI light dispensers to be put somewhere in Sevkor or not ?
Or, can I hope KI light brights more than 1 min from a way or another ?

I can't put myself a KI light dispenser in the Age I want to build, because (IC) D'ni haven't get in there...
manloc

Re: Questions about Sevkor Age

Postby Sirius » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:56 am

Yes, you can put a dispenser in an Age of yours, and yes, you can easily set the light to be turned on for more than 1 minute.

However, as of today you can use the KI light only in MOUL-based server.

It works on Complete Chronicles, but was never implemented because:
- no one was so fond of releasing the Avatar files in the Offline-KI (but considering the number of files uploaded for the Wall, I don't think that matters anymore)
- the current version of Descent does not include the KI dispenser. It is possible to extract the objects required, but I noticed an annoying bug with the collision arena for the Tomahn not allowing the avatar to put his/her hand in the dispenser.
Sirius

Postby manloc » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:14 pm

:oops: I'm sorry, but you haven't understand...

I can't put a KI light dispenser in my Age because the D'ni haven't visited it.
My questions are about "Sevkor" Age because my Age linking book will be in "Sevkor" Age...
And what I want, is to build this Age for MOULa (AND "eventually" for other shards).
manloc

Postby Sirius » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:04 pm

Oh, okay, I thought you were building for Complete Chronicles... I didn't read a lot about Sevkor... :oops:

If you want the player to acquire the KI light directly in Descent, the time will be limited to 1 minute, since it requires modifying the Age to have more light time...
However, when the player links in your Age, you can check if he has the KI light. Then, even though he might have 10 seconds remaining, you can turn it on for as long as you want. It involves some Python scripting but shouldn't be too hard.
Sirius

Postby manloc » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:25 pm

It's not that I want the player to acquire the KI light in Descent, but it's actualy only there we can get this light ; but in that case, the light will be turn off before the player links to my Age, because it brights only 1 min.
I don't think, "simple writters" we are, are autorized to "edit" the "Descent" area to make light brights more than 1 min...
So the player have to lights his KI somewhere else, and I don't know a better place than "Sevkor" Age to put KI light dispenser(s).
Because "Sevkor" is a "50-50 simple writters and CyanWorlds" writted Age we can put a KI light dispenser there, and we can also make the KI light from there to brights more than 1 min... 3 mins for example.

So, I rephrase my question:
Can I rely on the integration of a KI light dispenser at "Sevkor" Age, OR should I write my Age in a different way?
manloc

Postby Rhee » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:57 pm

It might be wise to have thoughts in place to create a separate light source, something akin to the fireflies. Not because the dispenser couldn't be added to Sevkor, but because if it is not added to Sevkor, then you still have an option. Fireflies could be an option, maybe in a different colour.. (don't know if that's possible, i'm not so much an actual builder at this point, just a dreamer), but maybe you could also incorporate a clothing item: pick up the reward Glow Shirt and, through scripting, it would toggle a light halo such as that created by either the fireflies OR the KI light.

Just some ideas anyway. Have you posted on the Sevkor thread over at the MOULa forums? you might get more response there.
MOULa 2.0: Rhee - 1544785 Gehn Shard: Rhee - 16214

No bahro were harmed or enslaved in the making of this Age.
Rhee

Postby manloc » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:20 pm

I had focused on KI light because it's currently not really used... But yes, I think I'll write my age in a different way.
Anyway, thank you for these ideas! 8-)

Otherwise, yes I posted a message on MOULa forums.
manloc

Return to Off-Topic Discussion