Are we allowed to post fanfic ideas here?

Anything that isn't directly related to Age Creation but that might be interesting to Age developers.

Are we allowed to post fanfic ideas here?

Postby Afalstein » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:58 pm

Am I allowed to post this here? It seems awfully off-topic, but it fits under "things Writers may be interested in." I'll post it anyway, and if I'm wrong, I'll be happy to take it down.

See, I wrote a little Uru/Criminal Minds crossover fic a while back where Jason Gideon, the profiler who left the BAU to do some soul-searching, wound up in the Southwest as one of the D'ni descendants being "called" back to the land of his ancestors. http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8895190/1/Desert-s-End

I've been thinking recently of doing a follow-up fic, where the BAU finally takes notice of the fact that literally hundreds of people are vanishing into the Southwest. They investigate, and find that their former teammate Jason Gideon passed through, so the mission gets personal. THEN, while they're investigating the gateway to Uru (and its enigmatic gatekeeper, Zandi), Reid accidentally puts his hand on one of the linking books and teleports out. Morgan, who'd grabbed Reid's arm trying to stop him, also teleports out, and the book goes with them. This leaves Morgan and eidetic-memory Reid to navigate the puzzles of Uru while Hotch and the others fume on the surface, trying to figure out what the heck is going on. (The X-Files team may show up at some point).

I like the premise for this--particularly the scientific Reid continually being flabbergasted by things like the Wahrk skeleton--but I'd like some ideas to spice it up, and quite frankly, it's hard to find people who know what Uru is (unless you're on a forum like this one). Can I ask for input on this idea, or should I take this somewhere like the Greeter's or MOUL forum?
Afalstein

Re: Are we allowed to post fanfic ideas here?

Postby Chacal » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:29 pm

Sure, post away.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Return to Off-Topic Discussion