Troubles In Teledahn!

Anything that isn't directly related to Age Creation but that might be interesting to Age developers.

Re: Troubles In Teledahn!

Postby Acorn » Mon May 06, 2013 2:31 am

Annabelle wrote:You can also use a skydiver route :D

You climb to the 6th or 7th rock stair leading to the docking area, standing near the centre of it & looking at the wooden walkway, you aim the left side of the wooden walkway and do a run-jump. If done correctly you should be standing on top of the invisible collision on that side of the walkway. It's solid and it's parallel to the walkway. Follow it and jump on the cliff when near it. Just manage your way back on the other side of the partly-raised platform and redo the lever pulling once there ;)

This explanation, and the pics, are brilliant, Annabelle :D Great fun! I always jump down those steps but used to go to the right, not the left. Not any more! :P

DreamBliss wrote:Tsar Hoikas
I will try your solution if Annabelle's fails to work. I presume I must
Show Spoiler

hello, DreamBliss, glad you're having fun with the Gehn shard. I've posted that my new avvie is having trouble with the
Show Spoiler
I eventually got to Phil's Relto by
Show Spoiler
but now I've returned to the age again to try Annabelle's skydiving route, it's reset back again and the wrong door is open. However, I've never fallen through the floor in the hut, so you win some, you lose some!

Wamduskasapa wrote:
:P Hey DreamBliss :P
What is your Avatar's number - so I can add you to my Buddies List, on Gehn Shard.

You will see mine in my sugnature...

Hey, Wam, when you're not helping DreamBliss, can AcordGehn15 please get your help again with her Eder fish baskets? Skittish as ever!
Acorn

Postby Wamduskasapa » Mon May 06, 2013 2:50 am

Acorn wrote:
Wamduskasapa wrote:
:P Hey DreamBliss :P
What is your Avatar's number - so I can add you to my Buddies List, on Gehn Shard.

You will see mine in my sugnature...

Hey, Wam, when you're not helping DreamBliss, can AcordGehn15 please get your help again with her Eder fish baskets? Skittish as ever!

SURE
Just send me a invite
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby Acorn » Mon May 06, 2013 2:52 am

Wamduskasapa wrote:
Just send me a invite

great, thanks, which avvie? :)
Acorn

Postby Wamduskasapa » Mon May 06, 2013 2:54 am

Black Snake is on Right now
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby DreamBliss » Mon May 06, 2013 5:21 am

For MOULa its: DreamBliss ID: 21699882. I should be on tomorrow sometime after 3:00 PM PST. I saw your next post and am looking for you now.

Got a network error, Uru crashed, then it had video card troubles. And everything was working so well! Taking the hint and going to bed. Had a lot of fun exploring tonight though.

Annabelle
I was able to reach Phil's Relto using the information you provided. Worked like a charm the first time! Thank you again! I don't suppose you know the trick to getting off the balcony, do you?

'Night all! How do you say Goodnight in D'ni I wonder?
If the spark does not desire the tinder there is no flame.
DreamBliss

Postby DreamBliss » Mon May 06, 2013 5:49 am

OK I have Black Snake added as a buddy in the Gehn Shard.

Changing the subject... Is there any way to transfer my progress from one shard to another?

Thanks again everyone for your help and replies!
DreamBliss

Postby Annabelle » Mon May 06, 2013 6:23 am

DreamBliss wrote:
Annabelle
I was able to reach Phil's Relto using the information you provided. Worked like a charm the first time! Thank you again! I don't suppose you know the trick to getting off the balcony, do you?

'Night all! How do you say Goodnight in D'ni I wonder?

1. I would be able to answer you quite fast if I knew what "balcony" you are referring about. Are you still talking of Teledahn or another age?

---

In reference of other posts you made:

Spoilers use:

2. There's no official rule concerning the spoilers. I'm mostly using it for my pictures since a buddy told me I was putting too many pictures on my posts on MOULa official forum and it took ages for him to load. If I'm posting 1 or 2 pictures I might publish them directly without spoilers but over 3 I'm using spoilers. It loads faster and if your PC is slower...(I bet here it's more the Internet speed than the PC...anyway), you can always see the pictures in 1 spoiler, then close it and load the next one and so on. I'm preventing also to use 1 page for 1 post which is really annoying when you go thru a given thread.

YouTube videos:

3. I'll make movies real soon. I didn't before a month or two (I'm doing testing right now) because skydiving (in general we would called this activity glitching, we use a special term in this game) relies heavily on lag. With a monster like Fraps, I wasn't satisfied with the quality and the lag was really too much intense to even enjoy it on my end. If I cannot enjoy it, no point for me to publish videos... Koltch, a buddy of mine, gave me info about a nice little video capture program called PlayClaw. I recommend it to everyone.

It gives a lot more info on your internals on screen like CPUs' individual temperature, you can easily see them on screen without having them on videos. You can compress videos in real time in a rather good quality. Mine is compressed in HD since my screen is natively in HD format. And the nicest feature is that it doesn't create heavy lag. You can see the difference but it's not that much.
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby DreamBliss » Mon May 06, 2013 3:42 pm

The best screen capture I found (so far) is oCam. CamStudio (the free one) always had issues and made my audio go out of sync. oCam works with little lag or issues, even on my old 2004-2006 era laptop! There's another one that's good as well, Screen Virtuoso.

The balcony I was referring to is the infamous (at least back when I first played Uru about 10 years ago) one that you access from the Gahresen barrow stone. It is literally just a balcony with a strange plaque or something in front of the building it extends from. I believe this is part of Bevin? Anyhow as I recall there was supposed to be some sort of jump that landed you in a secret place from there. I could never do it :( I tried for a long time as I remember. This was well before my Halo 2 glitching days where I gained more experience.

So its called skydiving for Uru? Have to look that up. Playing MOULa shard for now.
DreamBliss

Postby Annabelle » Mon May 06, 2013 5:09 pm

Ok I thought that you were referring to this particular balcony and I'm glad you raised it right here on this forum were the rules are less strick than on the official MOULa's forum for some tweeks and "custom" versions of the game.

The balcony jump was found by early "skydivers" back in first URU. It was in URU: Ages Beyond Myst and it was an instant hit. Cyan, in those days, were very active patching every "fun activity" out of their cannon story. You can be glad I wasn't around at that time, this game would have been very boring. They would had patched everything (or almost... ;) :lol: ). When they released the 1st extension pack (or maybe it was in the 2nd) To D'ni (or Path of the Shell), they placed a patch to raise up the collision preventing that jump. It has followed on URU: Complete Chronicles then on MOUL Gametap then onto MOULa and, finally, onto Open-Source shards using MOUL source code.

How to have back the balcony jump:

1) Having URU: Ages Beyond Myst (ABM) - easiest solution

2) Having URU: Complete Chronicles and applying a patch (available here) to make it becomes an Until URU offline install (more or less Until URU was equal to URU ABM) - more advanced solution http://forum.guildofwriters.org/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4727&hilit=maintainer On this thread, the first post by Sirius explains how to make URU:CC becomes an offline Until URU install :)

3) Using an internal client on MOULa server to TEMPORARILY disable the patch collision to have back the balcony and its collisions as they were back in the first URU - solution doable only if you have advanced knowledge in compiling the client, understand python, & writing in python.

----

The skydivers are an old group in URU community. They have always be reknown to reach impossible spots and to exit to Relto by jumping in the void. The term skydiving stayed associated with these kind of activities. We rarely see the term "glitching" in this community. The general term is "skydiving" even if there's little resemblance. We do more or less a mix of BASEjumping and Parkour in URU-style :)
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby DreamBliss » Tue May 07, 2013 1:32 am

Well for now it sounds like I won't be able to do the balcony jump. Darn. Are there any videos out there showing it and where you end up? Or pictures?

Only found one skydiver/glitcher at YouTube so far, someone called FrauGrimhilde.

Oh well, still lots to explore! Thank you for your post! If you know of any really cool places to, er, skydive too, that is places that take you to special areas you can explore, Easter eggs, relto pages or books, I would sure love information on them! If not actual instructions then the name alone should be enough to research.

Thanks again!

Oh and I have to say I am very disappointed in Cyan, the Miller brothers or whoever is responsible. Maybe they were never really gamers so they don't really understand the concept of fun or something. They really should have embraced the bugs and glitch community. If they wanted to fix bugs and patch stuff, fine, but why not also add secret stuff and legitimate places to jump to? Also why focus so much on these harmless glitches instead of fixing missing elements like the final sparklee marker, the darkness relto page and stuff like that? Why not spend more time making ages instead of worryng about glitches? Or even making easy to use tools to grow a mod community for the game? There are so many things they could have done differently that would have increased interest in the game and by proxy, income from it, yet they failed to do so. I just don't get it. They have to be smart and creative to have come up with such an impressive world, and all these cool areas we can explore. I guess I will just make a mental note to myself here, yet another example of how not to be when I am making games and tools.
DreamBliss

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Discussion