Seeking Clarification - Various Uru Engines and Blender/Max

Anything that isn't directly related to Age Creation but that might be interesting to Age developers.

Re: Seeking Clarification - Various Uru Engines and Blender/

Postby Deledrius » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:35 pm

diafero wrote:In CC, of course, there's no loc system, so stuff can be read from files instead

Ah right. Forgot that was missing. That does make it a touch messier to start.

diafero wrote:However, I don't think I am going to write such a script. Offline KI is in maintenance-only mode. I'd however be happy to include such a script and provide updated versions of the Offline KI. The sources are all at https://gitorious.org/offline-ki :)

Oh, I wasn't aware of that repo! Thanks for posting that. :)

Sirius wrote:Alright, I started writing two scripts that could be used for books in future Ages, and won't need to be modified for each Age. Hopefully it will make things a lot simpler for Age users... I think it could work for both Max and Blender.

Sounds interesting. If all that needs to be changed is the PFM and the values it passes, that would make conversion be (relatively) simple.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby diafero » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:51 am

Great work, Sirius :) I'd be glad to include it in the Offline KI.

Regarding journals, could you maybe put them into the ageresources folder, with the files called "agename--something"? That scheme is already used by some ages out there.

Concerning linking, the Offline KI provides xLinkMgr. Every Python-initiated link should be done through that module. The interface is as simple as it could be:
xLinkMgr.LinkToAge("city") links to the default link-in point
xLinkMgr.LinkToAge("city", "LinkInPointFerry") links to a specific link-in point

You can also dynamically create the entire linking book and fill it with the correct image for this age and spawn point. Check xCustomReltoShelf for code doing that.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Sirius » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:24 am

You probably didn't see it, but I started another topic for it ;) .

diafero wrote:Regarding journals, could you maybe put them into the ageresources folder, with the files called "agename--something"? That scheme is already used by some ages out there.
Sure, I'll change this.

diafero wrote:Concerning linking, the Offline KI provides xLinkMgr. Every Python-initiated link should be done through that module.
Yes, that's what I used (and it makes things a LOT easier :D ).

diafero wrote:You can also dynamically create the entire linking book and fill it with the correct image for this age and spawn point. Check xCustomReltoShelf for code doing that.
I was thinking about this, but the way linking panels are loaded from a jpeg file instead of a prp puzzled me. I'll try again, though.
Sirius

Postby diafero » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:53 am

I only just noticed, sorry. I didn't scroll through that other subforum for a while^^

I'll reply over there.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Previous

Return to Off-Topic Discussion