UruCC error... Age... not available... does not exist...

Anything that isn't directly related to Age Creation but that might be interesting to Age developers.

UruCC error... Age... not available... does not exist...

Postby DreamBliss » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:04 am

Well I'm playing Uru Complete Chronicles. Now I have downloaded user ages and materials through Drizzle, in case that makes any difference. Playing on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. Found the Bharo stone to the DRC rooftop. used flymode to get into the city from there just for the heck of it. Got all excited when I found the museum and all those ages. Finally could go outside the pods! Also there is an extra age here, not sure if its an official release or a user created one. I thought all those were on the shelf back at my relto. Anyhow I clicked on each of the books, clicked on the picture to link, and got the nasty error... "...age with the filename... is not available or does not exist at all." Now the only thing I see on-screen besides the error fo note is some warning about how I haven't "...converted my POTS folder yet.. " something like that. Don't think that has anything to do with it. Figure I could copy my MOUL ages over but thought I would post here first and ask for help. Anyone have an idea as to what's going wrong here?

Appreciate your help!
If the spark does not desire the tinder there is no flame.
DreamBliss

Re: UruCC error... Age... not available... does not exist...

Postby diafero » Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:39 am

Please post the full text of the error messages, exactly how it appears on the screen.

My guesses:
* I think you did not yet convert the MOUL/Myst V ages to Uru, which may be why those books do not work. See the Drizzle wiki page for documentation.
* The POTS conversion error sounds like you are using an outdated version of the Offline KI. A very similar error message was removed in February 2012. What does "/info" say? See the wiki page for instructions to get the latest version.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby DreamBliss » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:46 am

Re-install seemed to fix everything. Went to the age - its a space pod! Is that a custom file or native to Uru? Whatever it is, its cool and it appears to link to Myst 5 worlds, which is also cool.

Still have to try the usual pods again, just to be sure. But I think your advice was spot on - Drizzle the various directories, which I have done.

Thank you!

:D
If the spark does not desire the tinder there is no flame.
DreamBliss

Postby Deledrius » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:42 am

You should recognize it if you've played Myst V. ;)
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Return to Off-Topic Discussion