Better avatar shadows

Anything that isn't directly related to Age Creation but that might be interesting to Age developers.

Better avatar shadows

Postby Sirius » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:17 am

Have you noticed how sharp shadows cast by avatars are ? I always thought they were not realistic at all...

Well, I discovered Plasma has a few options for shadows, which makes them look waaaay better :D
For instance, making shadows with blurred edges (as in Gira), or with a darker color...

So, I experimented a little with it, and figured out better settings for avatars.
If you want to have a look, here are the files. You simply have to put them in Uru's DAT folder.

GlobalAvatars.zip
(206.86 KiB) Downloaded 343 times

The shadows may look a bit too dark in some Ages... Personally I find them fine, but other people might disagree.
Plus, it may impact performances on some PCs (personally I didn't notice any difference while playing, and my PC is not a really fast one. It might be worse if several people are in the same Age, though).
Sirius

Re: Better avatar shadows

Postby Wamduskasapa » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:17 am

I have tried the main ages and had no problems. Though there might exist some lag problems with multi-player mode. What follows are 7 screen shots
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Re: Better avatar shadows

Postby diafero » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:44 am

This is just amazing, I wasn't even aware it is possible to change the global avatar shadow... impressive. :D
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Return to Off-Topic Discussion