What is Cyan up to?

Anything that isn't directly related to Age Creation but that might be interesting to Age developers.

Re: What is Cyan up to?

Postby tachzusamm » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:49 am

tachzusamm

Postby GPNMilano » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:37 am

Tweek wrote:Hmm if I am to be honest I'm not impressed by this. Whilst I understand what kind of state Cyan is in I'm hoping these are old WIP shots.

Myst Island looks kinda nice but some of the modeling and texturing (some colour adjustment is needed as those greens are rather garish) could use a lot of improvement. As for Mechanical and Channelwood there seems to be room for a lot of improvement there.

Updating Real Myst says to me you bring it up to date with modern technology and graphics which I don't feel is the case at all from these images.

But as I said these could be old WIP shots and things could have changed, the skeptic in me, however, says that I'll be disappointed when it comes out.

Tweek...um you can't tell it's old WIP shots? There's no cabin in the picture of Myst Island.
You can't stop the truth. IC Blog
GPNMilano

Postby Tweek » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:23 am

I only took a quick look to be honest. I have little interest in yet another version of something we already have.

If they insist on doing Myst related things I would rather see new Myst related things.
Beneath - IC Blog.
Beneath: Ages of Tweek - FB Age Dev Page.
Tweek

Postby Karkadann » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:49 am

How bout Myst 6 The Continuum

Or Beyond the End

Or The Restoration Project

OK wishful thinking
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Postby janaba » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:47 pm

I'd say, a new jazzed up realMyst version sounds interesting for some for others maybe not ... for me this looks and sounds interesting so far, let's see the end product when it's being released, but this might just be sth they, Cyan, have always wanted to accomplish, maybe sth like an old Myst dream which wasn't possible to 'materialize' for many reasons and restrictions back in the days or so, and another good reason for that was definitely the 20th anniversary of Myst ... :P

Now I believe that is only one side of the coin, which they are enthusiastically spinning at this time and which got somehow 'in the way' (at least during the anniversary celebrations) of another completely new project they're working on, but not yet revealing except through a few 'distorted' picture hints every now and then to wet some appetite and to spark off some anticipation, expectancy and speculation in the community/fanbase and through it spreading the word for new awesome stuff to come from Cyan Worlds, to make their name again more known, saying 'Yeah, we're still here and we'll be back with great new stuff pretty soon' etc..., and it seems this time they intend to stay independent of other publishers/companies, which would be just awesome, and I really honestly wish them the best of luck with whatever they'll be coming up ... :)

Yeah, let's see what they're having up their sleeves right now and how we if anyone would like to could support them in their endeavors to keep themselves afloat and suspending their retirement thoughts and concerns again for a while ... This is all what I'm suspecting and for their own sake, I could be completely wrong, of course ... :D
janaba

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:39 pm

You're not alone. Those screenshots look awful, and their campaign of fuzzing images of nothing with hidden "messages" is both childish and lame. Save it for when you've actually got something worthwhile to share, Cyan. I've got better things to do than look at mess.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Tweek » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:28 pm

Hoikas> Eh those images they've been "fuzzing" aren't nothing but that's all I'm saying on that. I can understand why they are doing that. A. to get some interest going and B. because that's how they've done things in the past (i.e., spyder) with other games.
Beneath - IC Blog.
Tweek

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:50 pm

That was back when they actually made good things. My trust in their ability to make good things is less than zero at this point, so when I see their fuzzy images, I find myself wondering, "oh boy, what kind of scam or rushed POS are they getting ready to pull now?" :|
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Karkadann » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:02 pm

Here's are chance to show them up :twisted:
Lets show um how its done
People working on Uru Live for the love of the game
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Postby Tweek » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:38 pm

Tsar Hoikas wrote:That was back when they actually made good things. My trust in their ability to make good things is less than zero at this point, so when I see their fuzzy images, I find myself wondering, "oh boy, what kind of scam or rushed POS are they getting ready to pull now?" :|

Fair point.
Beneath - IC Blog.
Tweek

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Discussion